1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT:Windows Media Player problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

In the past whenever I opened a type WMV file Windows Media Player would automatically recognise it and play it. About a month ago suddenly I get a notice every time that Windows does not recognise this file type, but when I choose Windows Media Player from a list it plays it without problem. Anyone know what the fix for this is?

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Doug, maybe Windows MP needs to be set again as the default player? Best guess. Hap

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

wireguy:

I know in the past when I choose to open something and it has a list of options then it also has a little check box to check to use what ever program you choose that time to use as a default program to open it the next time.

So if you don't see the Windows media player in the list then it also has something in the list to choose other programs and click that and if the windows media program is there then check it to be the default program in the future.

Foghorn220

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thanks guys, you nailed it. It was right in front of me but sometimes in all the clutter my 56 year old eyes just don't pick it up - kind of like clay targets. Thanks again.

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

wireguy"

glad you figured it out I din't use to have trouble woring in Dos programs in the past but these simple window programs screw's me up all the time I guess it gives me to many options where the dos stuf you take it or leave it.'

Fog

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've got a problem with windows media player also. I can play a song on windows media player and it works fine until the last 10 or 15 seconds of the song. Then it will have a 1 or 2 second "short" or cut out of song. Like a skip on an old vinyl record. I can burn the song to a cd and it will play perfectly. But if I'm listening to music off the hard drive and playing it through the media player I will get the "skip" or "short" on every song towards the end. Any fixes out there?

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

WMP is not the best in my opinion. I use Winamp, and never have a problem. Easy to use, and also easier to understand.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.