1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Will Medicare cover accident medical bills

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tgene, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgene

tgene Member

Just purchased a ATV Quad for some trail riding and hunting use. If I were to be injured while riding this machine, would medicare and supplementals cover the doctor and hospital expenses? What about riding a bicycle, etc.?

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Medicare will cover 80% of approved expenses (dr.'s/hospitals, certain equipment) with an appropriate (medicare approved) diagnosis (after deductible is met). Sorry to be a bit vague but that's how medicare works.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Dosen't cover auto accidents so why should it cover quad accidents.

Don

4. tgene

tgene Member

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Don you are mistaken about medicare not covering auto accidents, I have been in constant communication with Medicare paying my emergency room and hospital bills from my auto accident, My insurance Company American Family is paying only the left over from Medicare coverage, I sent them a registered letter and copy of the bills and told them to pay those bills in full as I have $10,000 in medical coverage, I have called medicare and told them about it and they sluff it off, I then contacted my senator, and representative and told them it is MEDICARE Fraud. I told AMERICAN FAMILY to send me copies of the checks front and back to show payment or I was contacting an attorney, have not yet recieved a reply. That was last week, accident happened during Ohio State Shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Drlongshot is right on about coverage. Medicare pays first and your health insurance ( if you have other coverage such as auto) is secondary. I am 66 and elected not to go on medicare ( except part A which is mandatory) because I am covered on my wifes employer policy which would not even pay me until after medicare if I signed up for part B

7. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Normally if you mention anything about getting an attorney they quit talking to you. You may want to consider first filing a complaint with your state insurance regularity (SP) commission. Each state has one. Michael

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Medicare is your primary insurance. They pay first.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

rt on grunt

10. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

So what is the answer to: Medicare does not pay for auto accidents?

Dr., your post was confusing, who is NOT paying...Medicare or your insurance company?

Thanks,

milt

11. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate TS Member

Click the link above for God's sake. Why ask on a web forum where your answer(s)is most most likely wrong? Ask the folks who make the rules.

12. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

devil,

in answer to your question...I guess some of just like to talk...and share...

thanks,

milt

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

scary....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.