1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Will Iran blink?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Apparently Iranian Navy (in Iraqui waters) has kidnapped/detained/whatever 15 British Sailors checking a vessel.

Brits demand immediate return of their guys.

Let's see who backs down here. This might be what is needed to stiffen our alliance with the Brits, they were getting a little hesitant over there.

HM

2. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

We need to turn the mid-east into glass.

That portioan of the world is responsible for 90% of world problems. They just can't seem to get along with their neighbors.

I say we start in Tehran, then Damascus. We should leaflet the place, tell them they have 48 hrs to get out and send in the wrath of God.

I assure you that would put an end to terrorism.

3. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Sammie, as a man of peace, I don't particularly like the idea of escalation of any conflict but then again their comes a time when desperate situations need desperate measures! It no longer matters what position we take in the Middle East, Islamic Fundamentalism is "NOT" going to go away! Any one who thinks that a Democratic President coming to power will change or modify this anti-American behavior is simple minded! Our own recent history points to the conflict between President Carter and Ayatollah Khomeini. Carter was a man of Peace and Khomeini was fundamentalist but no where near as bad as what we are facing today. This Islamic crusade is not only anti-American, it's anti-West, anti-Isreali and in fact, in time it will be anti-christian, and anti-agnostic. Temporary allies like Venezuela and N. Korea in time will become targets of these fundamentalists since the are "infidels." They are just infidels that serve a temporary purpose!

Any country, regime, religion that would use children as a weapon of death is "souless." Sammie, how do you rationalize with a souless regime? The only way to effectively deal with fundamentalism is with force.! Force, killing and death is what these people know. It's like anything in life, if you beat them long enough or kill enough of them it will change/modify behavior but we are a long ways from that point! You can use the bombing of Heroshima and Nagasaki as a prime example of how to modify human behavior!

The Iranians in general do "not" want a direct conflict with Britain. It is a war they can not win! The Brits have both naval & air superiority! But the Iranians also know the Brits have no stomach for a prolonged engagement. This was the one thing fundamentalist got wrong with President Bush. They believed that Bush would respond to political and public pressure and pull out! To date he has not blinked and in fact the current Democratic controlled government just passed a huge bill increasing money for the current conflict! Even outspoken war opponents voted for the measure at this time!

The passing of this legislation is a blow to the fundamentalist and to the terrorists. This is not what they were bargaining for! They were hoping poiltical pressure would cease funds for the war effort. For them it means more time from home, family and more casualties...mostly theres.

A supreme escalation and over whelming force may be the only way to achieve victory and or stability in the middle east. Unlike Vietnam or even Japan the end of conflict did not follow us home. If we do not win this war against fundamentalism, we will be facing many more 911 and in some cases much more severe than we had on that tragic September day!

Rick

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

My guess is that the UK will negotiate for weeks or months while their guys linger. I hope I'm dead wrong as I would like to see the mother land strike the first blow and get this thing rolling.

This is going to be interesting.

5. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Rick,well said. GOOD LUCK

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

Lets play a game!!!! We'll call it,,"The Gulf of Tonkin"

In a display of anger,,,a resolution was passed after a "make believe" attack upon a U.S. ship!!! What we ended up with was----The Vietnam War!!!

Bush has wanted all along to strike Iran!!! The Dems have warned him not too!!! He knows he won't get any okay to do so now!!

But,,,,,what if you get a NATO country to purposly stummble into waters claimed by the very people you wised to attack????? Don't you now have a "reason" to do something about it!!!!

Today,,,,,the Iranian President is to address the U.N. concerning "sanctions" against Iran!!!!

Ahhhhh,,,,the web of the spider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It dosen't matter if Iran blinks or not!!!! It depends on what George Bush is ordered to do by his handlers!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Grammie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you're nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. Gilly

Gilly TS Member

grammie,

In what branch of the service did you serve?

Bob Gilchrist

West Virginia

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

we like to blow them up...they like to blow themselves up...you would think we could really get along better

10. grammie

grammie TS Member

Yes,,it is the 2nd time!!! The 1st time,,The sailors were forced to appear on television and admit they violated Iranian Waters,,of course they were under duress when they made those statements!!!

Jerry Beach:

"Its a 'slam dunk" that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction"!!! "He's gott'um",,,"We KNOW he's gott'um",,,"Mission Accomplished"!!!! "The insurgency is in its LAST throes"!!!,,,"Theres only about 60 of those thugs in there"!!!"They will welcome us in the streets",,"He threatened to kill my daddy"!!!

Who is really NUTS????

For those that forget the past,,,,are doomed to repeat it!!!!

AKA Grammie.........

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

you guys that keep saying iraq didn't have wmd's kill me. remember all the kurds that got gassed?

brett d.

12. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Oh course Iraq had WMD`s; we sold them to Saddam to fight our enemy Iran. Whatever, we have spent $500 billion on this. I hope we are innit to winit.

13. grammie

grammie TS Member

Look gentlemen!!!!!

People that have been killed by gas,,have something in common,,,and it cannot be hidden to those that know what to look for!!!

A person killed by gas DOES NOT lay stretched out on the ground!!!!!

A person killed by gas goes into convulsions,,,,convulsions so hard and violent that their bodies assume IMPOSSIBLE positions!!!!! Of this,,,there is NO doubt!!!!

A full grown mans backbone will snap and they will bend backward until their heels touch the backs of their heads!!!!!!

Don't be mislead by pictures of dead people,,,and then let someone tell you they were killed by this or that!!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

That is not exactly the truth Grammie! Much of it depends on what type of gas/agent that is used. If its a nerve agent ( VX, Sarin etc) you can convulse and drop pretty quickly to the ground and die. Your respatory system can shut down very quickly and you simply suffocate. With a blister agent you can contort into many different variations depending on the agent and the amount you come in contact with. In fact blister agents were never made to kill troops/people as they were to incompacitate them.

If you are contending that that the Kurds were not "gassed" by Saddam Hussein then you are simply wrong! There was enough investigation from the outside to determine these people were gassed by a ( VX) nerve agent. During the trials even his own ministers testified that he ordered the gassing of the Kurds. Did the gas come from the U.S. stockpile? probably not..I'm guessing either from U.S.S.R or from East Germany!

Rick

15. grammie

grammie TS Member

Rick:

First it was reported as Mustard Gas,,,,but by looking at the photos of the Kurds,,it is plain to see,,,it wasen't!!

During his trial,,,,his aides would have been tortured to the point of admitting they took part in the crucification of Christ....

Now then,,,after the 1st Gulf War,,,,The United States allowed him to keep his fleet of Hueys in order to deliver humanitarian aide to his people,,,Where did the delivery system come from that allowed the fly-over and dispersol of said agent??? I think you told me once that I gave to much credence to Soviet equipment???? Now you say,,perhaps it came from the Soviets,,,and then so would the equipment that dispersed the agent,,,If it came from them,,it was pretty damn good wasen't it????

Even military C.S. delivered in mass amounts would cause the convulsions,,but it always leaves its own brand of "tell-tale" signs....

I wonder????? Did the photograhers go around from body to body and wipe the mouths of the corpses,,,Even VX would have left its mark on the lips,,the skin,,this you know!!! I think the issue is in doubt,,or at least--questionable...

AKA Grammie........

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry to say Ducati boy..as long as politicians are involved iy was unwinable from the start, but its our fault, we elected these idiots then give them free reign...when a country commits to a war...politicians should be muzzled until the head of our armys come back and just say its a done deal...trying to fight humanitarian wars is impossible..you cant destroy a countrys govt ang hug its people..the war is with both. We should do just as was done with Japan,..total defeat first..compassion later

17. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Bomb 'em. Use about one million water balloons filled with pigs blood.

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

GRAMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INTEL?!!!!!!!! JUST WONDERING!!!!!??????????????

brett d.

19. grammie

grammie TS Member

Blizzard:

Is there something precise/particular you wish to know???? Or,,do you wish to tell me how wrong I am???

If its the first,,,I will gladly tell you,,,,if its the second,,,get in line!!!

AKA Grammie.........

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

there is something particular i want to know. where do you get your info?

brett d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.