1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT who is the best insurance company

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nailer123, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I,m going to look for a new insurance company for the cars boat harley company house and my company tools who is the best. Thanks Kirk

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

What is your definition of best,,,,paying claims, customer service, premiums....

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Everyone will say theirs is, based on their experience. Others with the same company will have tales of horror. Any time you ask for an opinion as to which anything is the best, your going to get answers from both sides.

Eric

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Farmer's.

Probably the agent.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

If you are a member or can obtain a membership USAA is the best

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Contact your state's department of insurance, and ask for a compilation of insurance complaints... they keep track of consumer complaints and provide lists to residents who inquire...

regards and good luck...

Jay

7. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I manage a high traffic body shop and hands down for CARS,

1 State Farm
    2. Farm buro
    3. Farmers mutual
    4. Nationwide

ABSOLUTE WORST

1. Progressive
    2. Geico

If you have a company that I have not listed and want to know how they are just ask yourself if they have a local team of adjusters? These outfits that are so small they dont have a brick and mortor claims dept. they will sublet to a independent and on and on and on till you are blue with delays.

FYI, Geico and Progressive were the ONLY ones in 2009 to report a profit on auto insurance. Wonder how they do that? <-----Sarcasim

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

When I was at the dealership, by far the biggest chunk of my paycheck was from insurance claims. THE BEST company for the customer and for me as the technician was AAA. Nothing was even close. And no, I do not have any AAA coverage. They simply didn't play games. They wanted the customer's car fixed right, fixed fast, there was no haggling or dicking around, they ALWAYS payed their claims and didn't renig on deals. I can't say that about a lot of the others.

Yes, their premiums were a bit higher, but you get what you pay for.

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

State farm. Been with them since day one. My wife was with progressive when we met and she switched and saved 800 a year.

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Guys be sure to give a look see to your homeowners policy and periodically upgrade it as things increase in value. Our union hall burned about three months ago. If there had not been upgrades made on those policies we would have been in a heck of a mess. The way it's gone for us is that our Business Agent has stayed on top of this sort of thing and we are getting it handled with minimal hassel from the insurance companies. It never hurts to increase the cost of your premiums for the boost in coverage they give ya and believe me that the prices of things have changed a lot in the 30 years the hall has stood. Dan

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Country Companies

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

In Ca. Wawanesa. Hands down. They only insure good drivers. NO ONE can touch them for rates, service and promptnous of payments. NO ONE! JKP

13. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

USAA, USAA, USAA!

Military service required for membership. Originally for officers only but now open to enlisted ranks, retired and qualifying dependents.

Member owned with all revenues over costs applied to a subscribers savings account. As a 40 year member, I get 10 % of my SSA applied to my annual premium.

I insure three cars, house and boat with USAA.

Great claims service amd all transactions are over the telephone, internet or by mail.

No salesmen or agents.

Ed Ward

14. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

USAA

Hit 'em hard,

John Kirksey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.