1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Who hunts?shoots a Crossbow?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FalconSprint, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

If you do what kind, how do you like it, and is is quiet? I shoot a 6 year old Horton 150lb. Legend. It's Ok, triggers a tad rough, slow by todays standards, and a little noisy. I'm looking strongly at buying the Barnett Predator AVI which has coated limbs. Anyone shoot one of these, is the rubber coating quiet?

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I had a Barnett for one day and took it back and bought a Horton Hunter Supreme with 175 lb. pull. It is the best on the market, accurate as hell.
    Rooferbob

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

10 Point crossbow, really good W/accudraw , I have split arrows at 40 yds.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I haven't tried one but as far as your old bow, I wouldn't worry about speed a whole lot. I have a torn rotater cuff and I'm down to a 58 lb pull compound bow and I do have a Horton crossbow that is probably about the same age as yours which I killed one deer with this past season. The arrow broke two ribs and went slap through the deer at 35 yards. It still has plenty of power and speed. Jackie B.

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have a ten point that is very fast, very accurate & absolutely the most unwieldy thing to try to carry through the woods or manipulate in a tree stand!
    They also are not much fun for me to hunt with because you have to use a rest to shoot accurately due to the lack of balance (all the weight is on the front).

6. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Excalibur Exomax 225# 335fps, recurve design, no pulleys cables etc to wear out, 3.5# trigger pull. Half the price of a comparable Ten Point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.