1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT:Who are 'Jon and Kate'? Why are they important?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Porcupine, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

OT:Who are

I do not follow the lives of so-called celebrities, so can someone please clue me in, who are these people and why does the media (read: media consumers) actually care about them? Thank you.

LA (Clueless in MA)

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

My lack of knowledge about them really bothers me too Porcupine! WTH (formerly of MA)

3. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Ummmm are they really celebrities ???.

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

parents of 8 kids.

Being paid 50k an episode, and I think everything they have (house, cars, vacations) is picked up by the network.

Wife is real high maintenance from what I have seen. Attitude and mouth to boot.

Show is stupid but my wife watches it so I am forced to listen to some of it.

I still do not understand why having 8 kids makes for good TV.

Total exploitation of the kids.

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

8 kids and still able to wear a bikini in public....that ought to be worth something.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"still able to wear a bikini in public"

Because some plastic surgeon "donated" a tummy tuck for her.

In answer to the posed questions:

1. Nobody.

2. They're not.

They're just the latest in a long line of "too stupid for me" reality TV shows.

I think the term "dumbing down" is approriate here.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I agree...with all the new toys and the big house all because of having a pediatric mishap....they are totally whoring out the kids...and the only reason she can do the bikini is because they took a bunch of their pimps cut and got a load of plastic surgery...the only ones worse are the morons with 18 kids and the Octomom

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

Those that have been in the military will understand this reply.
    Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot
    Charley
    over

--- Chip King ---

9. CalvinMD

10-4 Chip

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

The question should be who gives a rats ass who they are

11. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

BucPride29 & tim99 are right on the money. My wife watches it sometimes too so I get exposed to some of that witch's antics. I also saw them on an episode of American Choppers. I'd like to bet a grand that the network they're on made the Teutuls do that show (both shows are on the same cable network). There's no way people like they would willingly stomach someone like her.

-Gary

13. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I had seven siblings also....Why didnt we get a "reality" show??

From what Ive seen its like everyone else aready said.....pimping the kids for 50-75K per show and stuck up worthless parents. Sorry for the kids though.

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh - are these the two fugly toads who have been permanently plastered on MSN news page for the past month, right between "Shop flirty sundresses for summer" and "Oprah's flat stomach rule you must obey?"

Hmph...yep, that's the two.

Here comes 8 more f___ed up Hollywood children from a messed-up family, ready to take on the world.

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I also wondered who they were and why in a few weeks time they had become fodder for the tabloids. I now know they are the ones who had the sextuplets I think in Iowa a couple years back. I don't have the time to waste watching it but the rest of the country spends some time or it wouldn't still be on the tv. I have no clue about their personalities. Seems to me the fame thing will ruin your life if you liked the life you were leading. Dan

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

All over the news today that she filed for divorce.

Now that's important, relevant, and newsworthy, don't you think?

I just don't get people's obsession with reality TV (including my wife and daughter.) Its anything but real.

17. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

I agree with the above posts; they are not worth watching and they were nobodies before they had kids and will be again, they are getting divorced.

Just so that you know though:
    1. they have 8 kids, one set of 2 and one set of 6
    2. the only reason that they have kids is that Kate had to take hormone therapy and fertility drugs to make her rotten, hostile womb acceptable for her nest of rats (aka, she was never meant to have kids)
    3. Kate is the Holy Mother C _ _ T (fill in the blanks) of all women
    4. Jon recently had an affair with another woman and they are getting divorced, yet plan to continue the show (WTF??)
    5. They are not employed and their only source of income is from the television show

Whew--thank you for letting me rant, I try everyday to purge my brain of this information and my wife will just not leave me alone with every little update-she does it because she knows I hate this show.

18. CalvinMD

I just can't imagine why that fella would want another woman

19. CalvinMD

Wait a minute....i just realized I know where a vulnerable hot rich single chick lives who is real easy...see ya..heading for my truck...I think she lives near the Kreighoff Store too....hot damn!!!

20. JPBROWN

JPBROWN TS Member

I have no idea who they are didnt even hear of them until the news said they were kaput. My observations are she has an attitude and needs a hatr cut and he needs a second job child support on 8 kids will be high! We wont see him at the gun club for a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.