1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT , which new TV question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I am going to purchase a new TV for the bedroom and would like opinions. Only paramiters are 1080p and as thin as possible to be concealed by a picture. Thanks , Jeff

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

3. mike b.

mike b. Member

Don't understand why it must be concealed under a picture but valuewise for a bedroom TV the Vizio is a strong contender in the larger sizes. I have a Sanyo in the garage that's in the 28-29" category. (both LCD) The only unknown is longevity. I had a Sony lcd projection that failed after 3 years. Replaced with a Sony 52" LCD. Consider most as throw-a-ways after the warranty runs out, since repairs are usually more than a new one. They are all good performers out of the box so pick the one that looks best in the showroom and is rated decently by Consumer Reports or other rating agencies. (moving a picture everytime you want to watch it still seems like a PITA !)

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

If you don't mind burning up to 1800 watts then the plasmas are very cheap, the picture is phenomenal and the refresh rate is awesome compared to LCD. If money is no issue, then go LED, regardless Samsung and LG look really good IMHO.

I have owned two LCD televisions, one a 50” Sony, lasted 13 months and the screen broke. Money refunded under extended warranty, so I bought a 50” plasma Samsung 1080P. Sports and nature shows are fantastic!!! Have had the plasma over two years now and I am very happy with it.

I also have a 37” Vizio LCD, it is an OK television, the refresh rate sucks, sports and fast moving frames pixelate terribly, however, with the price as cheap as it was, I really couldn’t pass it up for a bedroom television.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

LED edge lit are the thinnest.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.