1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT which 380 to buy for my wife

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Zoltan, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

For those of you who can recommend a 380 my question would be which manufacturer, model and why. My wife now has a 9 mil S&W M&P for around the house and in her purse, but wants to get a 380 for carry purposes on her person.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks

Roger Edgington

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

Hard to beat the quality of the Ruger LCP

cap

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

S&W 380 bodyguard. They have fixed the early production problems. My wife loves hers.

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

One that she can shoot well is my first recomendation. That being said, the Ruger is hard to beat, but it all comes down to personal preference.

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Kahr .380, more expensive than the others mentioned, but you get what you pay for. Check out the Black Rose Edition.
    [​IMG]

6. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Sig P238.

7. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

I bought the Kahr .380 for my wife because of the quality and how it fit her hand, but the Ruger LCP was a close second.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The sig or a colt 380

Trigger pull is important

Dont worry about night sigts or crimson trace grips such as the Kar has- worry about can she really shoot it

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

The Sig 238 gets my vote. Best trigger and workmanship out there in this product range. You may or may not like Sig products in general...but they rarely make a "stinker." The Sig 238 is based substantially on the Colt .380 Mustang design, and actually has a lot of parts interchangeable with it. Something to think about.

A local gun shop owner (like most) has a slew of guys always wanting to buy .380s for their women-folk. Their choices are all over the map. He also gets a fair amount of trade-backs (that's how he makes a lot of money). If the women-folk get a chance to shoot one, he says they almost always wind up with the Sig 238. Because they have a good trigger and she can actually hit something with it. He said if they picked the Sig 238 to begin with, it would put a small dent in his revenue.

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I bought my wife a SIG SAUER P232, uses 380 ammo, for her carry gun.

Small, compact and safe plus I had her shoot several pistols and this is the one she chose, plus she is real good with it.

11. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

The Sig P238 is the best one on the market hands down. Comfort, quality, function, and design are all top notch.

12. shadow

shadow Active Member

Seecamp !

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Look at the Kahr CW9. It is not much bigger than some .380's and easier to shoot. Ammo is less expensive and you can use the same ammo as her house/purse gun.

It weighs 16 oz or so and is just over an 1" thick.

There is only one problem. Once she gets it she will never put the S&W in her purse again.

It is now my primary carry gun even though I initially bought it to use when wearing lighter clothing.

Don Verna

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I agree with Don, I carry mine often, also a very good shooter.

15. setool

setool Member

LCP... I have (had) 3 of them, until wife, son, and son #2 got there mit's on em'. Had to go buy another for myself so I could have one too (LOL). True story.

Mark Schneider

16. Stonge

Stonge TS Member

S&W Bodyguard gets my vote Unless she doesn't like the feel mine has a S&W 38 Lightweight loves it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.