1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ot/where is aka grammie?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by piranha2, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piranha2

piranha2 TS Member

Anyone know?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Bowling, I think. He bowled 11 strikes in a row last October 30th.

Neil

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I miss his posts.

Grammie come back, come back Grammie, Grammie come back, come back Shane....

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Working on his underground bunker?

5. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I'm betting he got banned.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Is this the guy looking for red headed Indians or maybe just getting over an Easter hangover ?

7. Neil Winston

Hey, Flay-grotto, I don't even know what those scores mean!*

Neil

*. . . but I suspect that 11 strikes in a row is to a "perfect game" in bowling as the last fifty of one event and the following first fifty in another event is to a "perfect score" at trap . . .

8. white rattler

white rattler Member

I have not seen him at the State Shoot at Red Mt. yet this week. Trevor Dawe.

9. Neil Winston

You've gotta see it, T12. I was about your age when I first saw it and stayed with me until today. It's sappy, even black & white if you can believe that, but it will give you an idea of the world the old guys at the club you go to grew up in. Pretty simple, pretty clear what was right, what wrong. Who should win and that winning was sometimes double-edged.

Then rent "The Yearling" and if you still have a tear left in you, "Old Yeller." Understand that in those days it was OK to cry, in fact, that's what movies like that were for.

Neil

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Taking classes in punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

grammie had 11 strikes in a row and 9 for a 299 game, close but no cigar ... I asked him if he wants to go and break some clay and he is never interested but still has a stash of shells and his gun just in case the mood ever strikes him ... I asked if he got banned from TS.Com and he said not to the best of his knowledge and that he was never told that he was, if he is ... grammie is alive and well bowling several times a week to keep in shape ... I'm guessing that if he didn't get banned he just don't have anything to say ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Neil Winston

Thanks for the correction, Bill. I take it 300 is the equivalent of 100 from the 27 - am I at least about right there?

Neil

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Neil, I think it depends on if its a "two hole" 300 or a "three hole." They oil the floors differently as I understand it. ;-) Jake

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Neil,

I honestly think a 300 game in bowling is a lot less common than 100 straight in trapshooting from any yardage ... The USBC has an awards program for the honor scores bowled in league (800 series, 700 series, 300 games, 299 games, 298 games(ladies),and patches for certain splits or bowling over ones average by a bunch) and hand out rings, wall hangings, and framed certificates ... If a bowler does it at a Brunswick Establishment the people from Brunswick also give out jackets (300 Club) and other perks such as free games ... It takes 12 strikes in a row to make a 300 game and they all have to be in the same game which can be a little nerve racking ... They call a 300 game split in two games an Andy Verapapa 300 which is 12 consecutive strikes but not all in the same game ... Its not as easy as it looks either way ... I was fortunate enough to have a 300 game at a Brunswick house this year on 03-02-08 during a league and hope to have a few more before I can't lift a ball anymore ... Real Men have Balls that weigh 16 pounds (bowling balls of course) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

300's are supposed to be certified to be real, at my last knowledge. The local guy checks the alley to make sure it wasn't "blocked" (greased to make the basll go in the pocket) and then ok it.

Try that at a 2 hole 47 yard club for a legitimate 100 straight. (LOL)

HM

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

HM,

You are right, they had to make sure everything was on the up and up before they would honor the game ... The center itself is a certified center but they still have to make sure and verify with the houses technician that the lanes were legal and it has to be done while bowling on a certified league ... I have has 12 strikes in a row many times but this is the first time they were in one game and on a certified league, so it counts ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Neil Winston

Congratulations, Bill. I'm sure everyone here joins me in enjoying the achievement of a fellow trapshooter in a field as tough as USBC sport. Good going!

Neil

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I think his new handle is skeet_man and he is trying to sell the Al Ange sting ray sheel sack!

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thanks Neil, appreiciate it ...
    I have to start working on getting some target practice in but its getting warm here really early this year ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- I have an old Federal 100 straight patch. It has gold numbers on a red background and I have a red felt tip pen. Interested?

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.