1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-Where do they come in from?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jawari2000, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

OK, I know there are all kinds of experts on this forum so see if someone can help me with this issue. Anytime the weather warms up here in NE, the master bathroom is a magnet for large-sized flies, sometimes yellow jackets and ladybugs. It only happens in this bathroom and no other part of the house. I cannot figure out where they come from.

This is what I have already done - Checked the exhaust to make sure the butterfly valve works (opens when the fan is turned on and closes when fan is off). Windows are shut tight. Checked the attic and cannot find any opening. Bathroom does have a tub with jets but not sure if its allowing them to come in somehow. Sure would appreciate any suggestions/help.

2. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

No ceiling tiles, its drywall.

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

They appear to come in thru the recessed light fixtures in the ceiling to attic here in the NW. An occasional bug bomb in the attic seems to wipe them out.

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

check out cluster flies....they are not like typical flies, nor are the "ladybugs" you are seeing....and for the Ladybugs... click the link

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/neweng/msg1015522831098.html

I have killed a shotglass full today! Frank C

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jaw, My next guess might be the old Heater you have in the wall in that bathroom. You may/may not use it anymore but I would have to guess that its air cooled from the back and pulling air out of your crawl space in that end of the house. maybe even from the basement. Whatever laid there eggs under your home there in the fall. Eggs hatch in spring and then they flies/walk/crawl out to the outside (light) but a few go to a light in that bathroom instead. That is if they are not coming in through your attic. If there are not coming from the top or from the bottom. Sides are the only thing left, check ext. walls first. Where is the access for the tub pump. The motor will give off heat and attract unwanted things in the winter. Maybe builder/plumber did not seal holes made around new tub. Let us know know what you find!!! Good Luck and break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.