1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT What should I do

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I have a friend who gets drunk and beats his wife. What should I do? Stay out of it? Try to talk to him? Call the cops? I would appreciate suggestions and reasons. Jake

2. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

First off.... I think your trolling...but if not, then you should not call that kind of a jerk a friend!!! Secondly you also need to let him know, that his actions are unacceptable and drop him like a box of rocks... tell the ass*$#& to grow up..if he doesn't stop then hell yes call the cops...What ever you do though..... do not get in the middle of a husband and wife fight.... it will only earn you grief.... because the husband will be mad and tell you to mind your own business and if you do knock the bastard out then the wife will be pissed for you hurting her man.... take it from me..... it's a no win situation!!!!

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Call the cops, anonymously if you must but call them before the situation gets worse.

Eric

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I think that Doubles Xpert has you nailed pretty good im sure he has seen some of your past post and don't know if you are serious or not this time.

Ok if this is an attempt to troll then it is a piss poor one.

If it is real then I pretty much agree with doubles Xpert.

Ok let us know how it turns out if it is for real.

Ok if it is for real then im sure a lot better answers will be flying in.

Foggy

5. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

Depends on when you talk to him, before he's drunk, or after!! LOL

Showdawg

6. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Come here little worm.....click bzzzzzzzzzzz plop.....now just sit and wait..

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its a serious crime, resulting in injury-- the beating part-- and it could escalate even further, if that isnt bad enough.

Do you report crimes? Do you report serious crimes? Where do you draw the line? that is a question back to you if you arent trolling

regards

Gene

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll skip the trolling issuee, seems well covered. The problem may well turn out that she won't cooperate with any prosecution of the hubby. You'd almost have to call the police while it's happening then they can take appropriate action for what they witness. I'd sure call but try to ensure it was occuring when I called....Bob Dodd

9. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Again, assuming no trolling, how would you feel if you heard that the wife had been seriusly injured or killed when you had a chance to do "something" and did nothing?

Rollin

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Jake if you are a friend you have already spoken to him about this. By all means step in if it happens while you are present. Remind this guy about the laws where you are at. In Illinois if there are charges against you for domestic violence your gun owner rights are taken until these charges are setteled with your innocense being the verdict. If a person is found guilty of domestic violence I don't think the gun owner rights are any longer in the picture. That's just something to make sure the guy knows about. Try to get the guy to quit drinking. Isn't it awful that alcohol will do this to a person and they seem to justify to themselves that it's ok they were drunk? Dan

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Sadly the wife is as much a part of the addiction as he is by now. She has come to expect getting beaten and believes that she deserves it. This is the pattern with battered woman. This is why the cops show up and nobody is willing to press charges and it is why the laws exsist that if the cops are called that somebody needs to spemd the night away. She is the one that needs talking to by somebody who has been their and done that and can explain it in terms that she will understand. Sad situation and any potlicker that would hit a woman wouldn't be any friend of mine. Get too the wife one eway or the other as that will be the key to the situation. He knows that beating his wife is wrong. I mean .. Unless she is she has a smart mouth or something and he has warned her. If he has warned her then he has no other choice. Am I right??? Jeff

12. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I think you should go over to their place after he has a snoot full and falls asleep. Then put your arms around her a fake a crying session with her....MIGHT GET LUCKY

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Another good suggestion.. Thanks shootrman Jeff

14. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't know if there is a way to tell if this is an honest post or not. If not shame on you. There is much to much of this bs. going on today to make it a funny issue.

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't know if there is a way to tell if this is an honest post or not. If not shame on you. There is much to much of this bs. going on today to make it a funny issue.

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You ought to kick your friends ass for him. Give the asshole the beating he deserves then call the cops

17. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

What a troll. Besides, I'm sure Hillary can hold her own.

18. skip

skip Member

Handcuff the scum bag and throw him overboard.

19. nicky

nicky Member

Does this guy have any guns ?. If so let me know what and if they are for sale. Because it's just a matter of time before he get's a domestic abuse charge and then by Federal law it's illegal to own firearms. Reguardless it's too bad, but she has to step up and want change. So like I say if he needs money for his defense fund let me know what's for sale.

20. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"..if he doesn't stop then hell yes call the cops...What ever you do though..... do not get in the middle of a husband and wife fight..."

Make up your mind; if you call the cops, you WILL be in the middle.
    [roll eyes]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.