1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT What motor home gets the best MPG?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe blow, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

Looking to buy a motor home. Which one gets the most MPG?

2. thunder

thunder Active Member

The one that stays in the storage garage and you don't drive!!!! Just kidding.

We have owned 30ft Class A gas Ford 460 engine which averaged 6mpg, it was a 1994. Owned a Class C for 5,000 miles, then it had a wire fire, we got around 9mpg, had one slide, 1998. Had a Southwind 36 foot gas with Ford V-10. It would get 8 to 9mpg, was a very nice motor-home with one slide, 1999. I don't think we would ever go back to gas motor-home due to the noise in the cockpit and power.

Our current motor-home is a Country Coach Inspire diesel pusher, has 3 slides and is 40ft, by far the best coach we have every owned. Very well built, solid and that translates into heavy in a motor-home. It has a Cummings 350HP ISC engine. Fuel mileage is 7 to 8mpg, has only 27,000 miles on it so its not even broke in. Once we get 50,000 miles on it we should get 9mpg or better. Probably would get better if I could keep the foot out of it, it really likes 72 plus mph.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

If MPG is a consideration, I suggest you stop looking. None get anything to brag about. My Horizon gets between 7-8. Jake

4. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

The small unit based on the Dodge Sprinter chassis. It is a diesel (Mercedes) powered unit.

Some companies use the Ford chassis with the diesel in the "c" class motorhomes. Those can be decent.

If you are talking a large motorhome, stay with a rear diesel pusher and for the most part, they all get between 7 and 13 mpg. It depends on how hard you drive the unit.

Phil

5. jegk80

jegk80 Member

Class C, Winnebago View or the Itasca Navion, Mercedes turbo diesel sprinter chassis.

Joe

6. wild gun one

wild gun one Member

fleetwood on sprinter chassie 21mpg.

7. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

For about every 200 miles. Tom Bodette will leave the light on for you and you will have change left over in the morning.

8. magic

magic Member

I have a 94 Safari Trek 28' with an Isuzu NPR 3.9 Turbo Diesel and it gets 11mpg if I pulling a car and 12.5mpg without.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine just bought a used Alpine Limited Diesel Pusher with a Cummins and got 13 miles to the gallon from Seattle where he purchased it to Boise. Not bad.. Nice home

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

For about every 200 miles. Tom Bodette will leave the light on for you and you will have change left over in the morning

plus you get to sleep in a bed bug infested room.. also dont even think of buying one of those blue lights that show up bodily fluid...

11. magic

magic Member

Local Motel 6 in Columbus Ohio (grove city) was on the news last night for bed bug infestation....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.