1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot-What kind of car/truck would you like to s

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Ford is supposed to be coming out with the F-150 with a small diesel in it. Wish they would put that kind of power train in a Crown Vic or Chrysler would put the diesel they use in a Dodge sprinter in a Chrysler 300---I would buy that combo in a heart beat-- I don' have a need for a pick up truck but would love a good diesel sedan---they better get going fast because Honda is supposed to be getting one rerady for the market place---Phil

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Wow ... I would like to see a fancy car for $100 that came with a lifetime of free gas and a fully operational and a never ending stream of shells from the trunk that just magically resupply themselves from who knows where.

I would also say that as a $10 option on the vehicle you can have whatever and however many new shotguns you wish to go along with the above.

3. deking00

deking00 Member

Mr Newbius©

When your car becomes available will you Private Message me the information. Thanks in advance.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd like to see the little Ford Ranger or something the size of the older Toyote mini-truck with a three or four cylinder diesel in it. Europe has embraced diesels, yet here gasoline is still being pushed. And this hybrid technology is crap. The VW diesel Rabbit of the mid-1980's blew them all out of the water for mileage. I predict if it's built halfway decent that this Indian diesel pickup will have large sales here, because they will have a corner of the market all to themselves.

5. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

With diesel running $.75 / gallon higher than gas, the mileage benefit is less noticable right now and not as good of selling point.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Brian,

Your wish for a 4 cylinder diesel Toyota 4x4 pu exists and is enormously popular in central and south america. I had one supplied for me on a job I was doing in Honduras. This combo is way more efficient than the US common 2.2L gasoline version, tons of torque too. I was getting about 30 mpg as near as I could calculate and that was mostly on short trips around the job site.

Another thing that I saw down there was a utilitarian truck version of the Landcruiser with a 6 cylinder diesel engine and a manual 5 speed transmission. This is what Landcruisers should be, unfortunately all we get in the US is the overpriced SUV with way too much luxury stuff. If I could have my wish it would be for the plain jane diesel powered pick up Landcruiser.

7. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Landrovers "Defender" hit the nail on the head, good MPG and terrific suspension{Range Rover suspension}

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

My shooting buddy owns a repair shop and swears by the Range Rovers as they have greatly helped put 3 of his kids through college. Seems these things are favorites of our Sacramento Kings and their dependability is total crap. He stated the second least dependable vehicle is Hummer.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I would love to see them finally come out with a Hydrogen vehicle able to run H2O...that would make Al Gore happy too cuz then we'd be able to use up all that water from the ice caps melting

All joking aside...I would like to see Ford develop a light truck/SUV diesel based on the old indestructable 300ci in-line six cylinder...they could stiffen the already super tough block and make nice thick sylinder walls by decreasing the bore size from 4" to say 3.75"..that would make it around 260ci...then turbo it and try for 27-28 mpg out of an F-150 with the ability to still tow around 7500lbs but ride like a Lincoln...

10. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The editor of Car and Driver, in the April 08 issue, has an intereting take on the present state and the future of the world's diesel consumer vehicles.....

11. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

my uncle has a vw jetta with a diesel and says he gets 54mpg highway and about 47 city. it is also very peppy and nice looking car but also a little pricey.

12. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Most people lie about mileage, apparently eatingclays uncle is one of them. 54 mpg- gimme a break.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>code5coupe, quote: "The editor of Car and Driver, in the April 08 issue, has an intereting take on the present state and the future of the world's diesel consumer vehicles....."</i><br
    <br>
    Well don't leave us hanging, man, what does he say, in a nutshell?

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Brian, You're supposed to rush out and buy yourself a copy......lol lol

Hauxfan!

15. Loyac

Loyac Member

Brian in Oregon... Have you heard or read anything about VW Diesel Hybrids due this year? Someone mentioned that with a 2 liter engine they're supposed to get over 65 mpg. Thanks. John

16. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

They were supposed to and it has been mentioned of a new VW diesel that was supposed to be released this spring or sometime 2008 but

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.