1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT WHAT is the best GPS for an AUTO??????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rennerize, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I am going to purchase a GPS for my auto, What is the best brand name and Model?? I know others have already owned these??
    Don

2. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

can I get one for my pump, too?

3. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

It depends upon how much money you want to spend: the best $200 GPS can't compete with the worst $1,000 one. Try being a little more specific.

In any case, you can get auto GPSs far cheaper over the internet than you can in any store. There are a lot of folks making them and the market is very competitive.

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

bwvan, these are not available for PUMPS,,,,, only AUTOS!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Thanks for all of the other advice, I am trying a Megallan 4040, and it seems to be very good. I do like the voice that says turn at 100 yards (and tells the name of the street). I have researched and found one that also has voice recognition that you can talk to and give it instructions. But was not able to get one for the trip today. Thanks again!
    Don

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I just purchased a Megellan 3100 thru Radio Shack ,no payments for 12 mos.it was $200.00 less 10% with the credit card(12 months ) deal it seems to work well and no issuses.Jim Zimak

6. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 350 for my wife to use. She really likes it. eBay has these for @ $300-325. Has everything we could want, including voice directions with street names and an easy to use interface. Comes fully loaded with all USA maps.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

7. Robb

Robb Member

Anybody use the Tom Tom?

8. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

Mash on the above.

9. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

garmin c320 really great for the money gpscity.com. 288 dollars rebuild and has the same warranty as a new one motordoc

10. smartass

smartass TS Member

I recently bought a new Gramin Nuvi 350 on the internet for $271 (including shipping) and really like it. It's the cheapest Garmin that has word recognition software (it reads and says the name of streets). That feature was important to me but might not be to everybody.

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Garmin, NUVI i have two of them . one for wife and me. the best

12. Terry Patterson

Terry Patterson TS Member

Been using a Garmin 580 and really like it. Have not tried any other brands so if they also have the following all the better: 1. built in road construction update 2. stores up to the last (30 or 50, can't remember) addresses you looked up 3. displays distance to next turn as well as tells you in plenty of time. It also tells you the second turn ahead ( i.e "turn right on Pine st. and then turn left on Park Ave.") so you know what lane to get in.

I got lost in San Francisco. Had no idea where I was. Fired up the Garmin, went to the "recently found addresses" section, selected one in the city I was headed to, and it got me right to the main street going out of town.

This is the slickest thing since sliced bread. I will never leave town without it. It finds restaurants, gas stations, points of interest near where you are.

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I bought the Garmin C340 and I love it.

Never worry about where I am, as I can always find where I'm going with it.

I'm sure others are just as good.

They are slick!

Hauxfan!

14. pdq

pdq Member

Go Garmin -- leader in the market in terms of market share, value. Great technology.

I've had them for about 5 years now, currently running a StreetPilot 2720. Very helpful even when traveling locally, with help in finding the nearest gas station, ATM, type of store, etc. Like a cell phone, once you've used one for even a short period, you'll wonder how you ever existed before.

Pete

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Love my Alpine Blackbird. $300

16. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

Just bought a Nuvi 660. It was pricey but I wanted the larger screen for viewing and it is a plus when imputing addresses.

Garmin customer support is second to none. Try calling Magellan tech support.

17. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

got a garmin 330 from PC-Nation on the net for $270.00. It works great!

18. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I just bought the Garmin C-340 for $284.00 with free shipping from buydig.com. I am supposed to receive it 8-1. This is my first GPS unit I am anxious to try it.

Jerryw

19. C H S

C H S TS Member

"WHAT is the best GPS for an AUTO??????????"

A wife that knows how to read a map!

Andy

20. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Ok, we are back from our trip to the Statue of Liberty. WOW is an understatement when talking about the Megellan 4040 GPS. It was great having it onboard. It tells you when to turn and if you get off the right road it instantly gets you back on track.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.