1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Western Boots

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by texasbilly, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texasbilly

texasbilly Member

Buy Lucchese boots. They are little pricey, but the most comfortable. Get them from a reputable dealer - not from an on-line dealer in knock-offs.

Bill

2. C-Money

C-Money Member

http://www.ariat.com/Western/Men/Footwear/Professional/Tombstone.html?color=BLACK

Try the link. Ariat Tombstone. Great boot. Comfortable. Square toe seems to be in style now. My son has these as his every day footwear. We live where shoes like this are as normal as sneekers are in other places. I have also had good luck with Boulet. Lots of options, Hope Christmas is a happy one for your family!

3. AlanM

AlanM Member

Look on www.sheplers.com, they have all sorts of boots. I am hard to fit and that is where I buy mine. I was told that new boots will be stiff and uncomfortable until they are broken in. They should be hard to get on at first, especially at the heal.

Alan

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Lucchese. Especially if he takes good care of his boots and shoes. They are quality and will last his lifetime.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Never thought I would be comfortable in them but one time after a big sale I bought a pair of Ostrich (leg) boots by Dan Post and am real happy with them. Bulge.

6. wayno

wayno TS Member

lplus on the luchesse

7. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Lucchese are good, but for off the shelf fit, Justins are the best for me. I have a very high arch, and Justin is the only boot I can find that has a high arch built in.

You might also look into custom made boots. These can be made to fit like a glove, for not much more than a good mid-range factory boot. I wear Viberg packer boots (a laceup cowboy/hunting boot) which I had built 13 years ago. They are my daily wear, work wear (before I retired), hunting wear boot, and are the best $350 I ever spent. The price is now up to about $440 or so, but amortised over a bunch of years, that ain't much! I figure I will still be weraring mine for at least another 5-10 years before they need a rebuild or replacement. Check out Viberg.com for more information.

8. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

......NOCONA BOOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Tony Lama

Guy Babin

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Try a pair of Justin lacers. Very comfortable and a whole lot better traction than the typical western boot. Its what the real cowboys wear these days for everyting other than fancy dress occaisions. (at least around here)

11. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

12. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Fit is the critical element. Each manufacturer is a bit different. When they fit they are the best. I have a pair of Shark Skin boots that never broke in...they just don't stretch so inititial fit is critical. I have a pair of Anaconda boots that feel just like wearing a sock...the best.

JON

13. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I have been wearing custom made western boots from Stewart boot company out of Tucson Arizona. If you want the very best in comfort and style check out Stewart boot company. When I shoot in Tucson I always take a trip to check out new hides and order a new pair. There is a video on YouTube showing you the process in making there boots. Once you wear Stewarts boots you will never wear Tony Lamas or Noconos again. Plus you can style your boots the way you want them.

14. cementman

cementman Member

Whiz-bang, could not agree more with your option of Stewart Boots. I have a couple pair that I wear on a regular basis. Also if anyone is interested starting tonight 9:00pst on Ebay, Item261142321659, I have listed a as new pair of Stewart boots, size 10D, maroon color, in I think Kangaroo or elk leather. Started at $150, buy it now $250 with shipping at $16. A heck of value, should go fast.
    cementman_2008_03034.jpg

cementman_2008_03035.jpg

15. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

What wolfram said.

Bought a pair of Justins and never once thought I was wearing a new boot. Very comfortable and just perfect for the ranch.

16. steele

steele TS Member

I have 3 pair of Dan Post Elk skin. Like wearing slippers. Butch from Pgh

17. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

What size does he wear?

18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I wear Ariat and Justin. Don't have a Luccese dealer close enough here. Would love to wear Tony Lama but with a very high instep they just aren't an option. good luck!

Ron Burr

Alberta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.