1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ We do NOT have a non-partisan election admin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

November 03, 2008

Category: Barack Obama

The Secretary of State Project

Avi Zenilman tells an important story that will have furious Republicans calling for non-partisan election administration, much as furious Democrats did four and eight years ago:

In anticipation of a photo-finish presidential election, Democrats have built an administrative firewall designed to protect their electoral interests in five of the most important battleground states.

The bulwark consists of control of secretary of state offices in five key states — Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico and Ohio — where the difference between victory and defeat in the 2004 presidential election was no more than 120,000 votes in any one of them.

With a Democrat now in charge of the offices, which oversee and administer their state’s elections, the party is better positioned than in the previous elections to advance traditional Democratic interests —such as increasing voter registration and boosting turnout — rather than Republican priorities such as stamping out voter fraud.

Perhaps more important, in those five states Democrats are now in a more advantageous position when it comes to the interpretation and administration of election law — a development that could benefit Barack Obama if any of those states are closely contested on Election Day.

The effort began in 2006 when a group of liberal California activists created an independent 527 group designed to elect secretaries of state.

The Secretary of State Project ran independent ads of its own and ensured that donors — many of whom were affiliated with Democracy Alliance, a network of wealthy fundraisers that channels money to liberal causes across the country — knew which candidates deserved donations.

--------------------------------------------

Republican can no longer afford to be complacent. Make sure that you become ACTIVE. If you believe in a better America, and you think that democrats cannot deliver it, then you are going to have to do something about it.

I know I will. Action and $$...Give of Yourself.

2. bgf

bgf Active Member

recurvy,

Nice try but a little too late...I hear the 'fat lady' singing in the distance.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Not too late! You can still email and make phone calls.

The issue is the economy, folks. Here are your talking points:

1. Universal Health care: Look up my former posts on this issue and print them out. Key words: Sweden, Norway, Canada, Germany, England. See what is happening to their economies and also how long they have to wait for critical procedures (if they can get them). ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT THE CHILDREN'S HEALTH CARE PROGRAM HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY IN HAWAII...it is failing!

2. Taxes: All other countries that have implemented the kinds of programs that Obama wants to nationalize...those countries tax their citizens at astromical rates. Some citizens owe more in taxes than they make.

3. Food and Electricity prices are going to skyrocket under Obama. He said that the price of electricity is necessarily going to skyrocket with his plan (find the video of him saying just that). He is going to tax the coal industry to bankruptcy (he said that, too). He said that he is going to heavily tax emmissions, and that farmers are a major contributor to bad emissions. I don't know about you, but I only use my health benefits periodically, BUT I BUY FOOD AND ELECTRICITY ON A DAILY BASIS.

4. Ask them if everyone gets to go to college, like he promises, how are our fine institutions going to accomodate those that are behind college-level performance. Will our universities become like our public schools, with substandard degrees issues because we had to accomodate the lowest common denominator in learning ability? WILL THE KIDS EVEN GET TO GO...who will support them while they ALL go to college? They certainly won't be contributing to the economy at that point.

If you still have an audience after those 4 points, then continue:

5. Ask them to read his book, authored by his own hand, and then ask themselves if he is honestly for interracial cohesiveness.

6. Ask them if they knew about his strong-arm tactics, using his Truth Patrol consisting of official government attorneys and police force members, to silence dissention.

7. Ask them if they heard the NPR interview where he clearly said that he continues to support a ban on concealed carry permits.

NOW GO AND SPREAD THE TALKING POINTS IN THE STATES WITH THE MOST ELECTORAL VOTES: Michigan, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and New York. Let your democratic/independent friends in those states know: WE DON'T WANT HIGH ELECTRIC AND FOOD BILLS. We cannot afford them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.