1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-Water Quality ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Just got home from a weekend shoot & the admiral, tells me that there is a heavy white coating on the heating element of our dishwasher, it happened overnight---any suggestions----Phil

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sounds like CaCO3. If you have a water softener you may be out of brine make up (salt) and the unit cannot regenerate. If you aren't doing any kind of treatment then your water supplier may have had a problem. Ask neighbors if they have similar problems and if so contact the utility. You may end up with a softener if the water supply has changed significantly.

You can get rid of the scale coating on the element with vinegar or other weak acid.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This is probably not related to your issue but it will affect a lot of users. I had a dishwasher ( new one) that would overflow and leak. ( condition was diagnosed as too much soap and not able to drain. The fix was to either stop using the Electrosol tablets or cut them in half and once a month or so run it with no tablet at all. This completely fixed my prob. The repairman told me 90% of his dishwasher calls were related to this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.