1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: WAHOO!.....MrGun is Back Shooting Again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by train222, Jun 15, 2013.

1. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Hello All,

As many of you may all ready know, about five years ago I had a Diabetic Stroke attack the optic nerve in my left eye. After 5 years and several operations later, the sight is totally gone in that eye now.

Unfortunately with all of the modern miracles that occur in today's Medicine, when the optic nerve is damaged, there is no recourse or procedure that can restore your sight to that eye. Not even any type of transplant would help..

Last year I attempted to try to shoot Trap again, but to my dismay, every time I pointed the shotgun down range and attempted to pull the trigger, I couldn’t.

My body was willing, but my mind was not….

All I could think about was something going wrong and I would damage or loose the sight in my good eye…

The beginning of this year I spoke to my doctor and he suggested that I have glasses made with ballistic lenses..

I searched around and found I local company that could make these glasses for me. I had four pairs of glasses made in four different colors with the prescription lens for my right eye only…

I was hoping and hoping that these new ballistic glasses would now allow me to start shooting again by easing my concerns in regards to my good eye..

Guess What?....THEY DID THE JOB!

We went up to the Pennsylvania State Shoot yesterday, as we do every year…

I got out on the Practice Trap and was able to shot two full rounds of 16 Yard Targets.....WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, except for getting my timing back..and some numbness in my trigger hand....

I shot 22 in the first round and a 23 in the second round…

I was pleased as punch!

I plan on taking my time and slowly get back in the swing of things….

It’s been all most five years since I have been able to shoot and boy did I miss it….

Well looks like I won’t have to miss it any more…

Wahoo!.....I’m Back….

Thanks for taking the time to read this….

Stu

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad to hear that, smoke 'em

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great news! Please explain " ballistic lens"

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Good To hear Stu

5. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

EuroJoe

Balastic Lenses are Impact Protection Lenses

Most are special Military Spec Plastic Lenses

The higher the ANSI Rating the more impact protection you have. The ANSI tests are the gold standard for measuring safety in eye ware.

Impact resistance against heavy objects at low speeds

Impact resistance against lighter objects at high speeds

Optimized protection with innovations like Plutonite® lens material

Thats about all I know about them. My doctor wrote up the prescription for the lenses which included the ANSI rating material he wanted them to be made off..

Hope this info was helpful...

Later,

Stu