1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT---Virus ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Looking for a way to save my pictures in case of a computer shut down and lost hard-drive---Mine went down some yrs ago and I lost everything---HELP---SJB---

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Put everything that you want to save on a recovery disc. HMB

3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Back it up on a disc or flash drive.
    chris

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Get an external hard drive large enough to hold your important data three times over or more. Look for a program called Cobian Backup. Set the program to backup your data on a regular basis, to the external drive. You can also get a program to make an "Image" of your drive in it's oresent state, so you'd have a complete image to restore in case of a complete drive crash. You can make new images on a regular basis and delete the old ones to save room. You can also buy a network storage device or even a "Home Server" to store important data on. I'm a firm believer in redundancy, so I will have at least two copies of anything important, besides the original copy. They will be stored on three different devices and you can also explore offsite storage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.