1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Value of Colt Gold Cup Series 70 - 45 acp

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hooked, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hi all,

I have a Colt Gold Cup Series 70 in 45 acp that I'm thining about selling. However, I have no idea what it might be worth so I thought I'd ask here before making my final decision to sell or keep.

I am not the original owner, but the gun has been shot very little. No wear on the bluing anywhere - including the ejector port. Gun is bone stock with no mods. Original wood grips and one original magazine. I do not have any of the original packaging or papers. No scratches anywhere either.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brian

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'm thinking in the $700 range..

3. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

$1200 to $1500

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Used, second hand, no box, no papers, one magazine, maybe $700.00 in NE Indiana. Wayne

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ditto on the $700.00 FOR A GOVERNMENT MODEL.......GOLD CUP....8-1000.00

HOOKED......Did you change the Model in the thread title to Gold Cup?????????

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you want to sell it for $700 I will take it. But I think you would be cheating yourself out of a couple hundred dollars. Bulge.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

1200 down to 900

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A Gold Cup would be in the $900 to 1100 price point.. a plain series 70 would be in the $700 range

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Might I add.. they normally shoot pretty good right out the box.. The trigger is much improved from the standard series 70.. I'd check the lockup..barrel fit and link.. You'd be surprised how just a wee bit of fine tuning can really make the gun shoot better... I own the exact same gun..Some 25,000 rounds later..a new barrel bushing and minor adjusting of the rails returned her to excellent accuracy.. I'd keep her.. You will regret selling her if you do... All Good.. Mike

11. Hooked

Hooked Member

Thanks guys for your input. It's much appreciated. Keeping the gun would be the ideal situation, but I've owned it for 5 years now and have never even fired a shot out of it. Now that I have a sense of its worth, I can decide if I want "re-deploy" my resources elsewhere.

It sounds like there is at least some interest in a gun like this. Unfortunately, I'm in Canada, and the potential market here is a lot smaller than down south where most of you guys are.

221: Nope, this is my original thread.

Best regards,

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

colt 45 gold cup series 70 value

colt gold cup 70 series value
colt series 70 fired out of lockup
value of a colt gold cup 45 acp
value of colt gold cup series 70