1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Urine testing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dodge ram, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

AMEN;;;;;;;

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I Second that AMEN !!

3. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Amen on them Amens!!

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

regolf, I agree. I'm a CWI. How's things up there?

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Regolf - What you're doing, is confusing fair with reality. There should be all kinds of restraints and conditions for drawing welfare, food stamps, etc. Unfortunately, liberal courts have struck down almost all restrictive provisions put in by states. Seems that the ACLU usually thinks these tests are intrusions into this fantasy "right of privacy".

The Fourth Amendment doesn't mention "privacy". It only states that that people are protected "against unreasonable searches and seizures". Now, unless you're in the stall with 'em...

Best,
    Dennis

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

The drug testing helps insure safety in the workplace. The people receiving welfare and food stamps are losers. Why should they pass a test to be a loser? If they fail the test then what? They will become a bigger problem. We give them a little money and keep them off the streets.

7. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

The West Virginia legislation has just been presented with a bill by Delegate Doyle to require drug testing as a condition for receiving state welfare. He has lots of support. It might pass. Let the ACLU sue or rant and rave. WV is a conservative place and so are its courts.

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Saw this one a couple years ago. Still valid. My urine testing now, at advanced age, is simple. I need to go, I go. Often. If I do it was a successful test.

Old age rules:

Don't trust a f*art

Don't turn down a free drink

Don't waste a.............oh, well. I forgot.

9. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

The only person who should never have to take a urine test is Nancy Pelosi's pilot jon

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Where I work if there is an accident the people involved have to drug test. A few days ago a friend had a hook up angle dropped on his arm from 25 feet. It about broke his arm and put a nasty cut on the top of his hand. The person who dropped the angle wasn't tested but the guy who was hurt was. He's pissed about that and feels that both should have been tested. We also have to drug test to get the job in the first place. I wish that everyone on assistance would have to pass a drug test but what would it prove? The first thing would be that they are clean for the 28 days prior to the test. I also want the persons to test that collect those monsterous checks for farm program participation and those who will get the stimulus checks. That's right if you aren't clean go home and fix it. I personally believe that we should take the drug laws off the books and make it legal for use like alcohol is. Look at the harm alcohol and tobacco have done to the citizens of this country. Both are highly addictive but legal and I'll bet that alcohol is involved in more deaths nationwide than illegal drugs and all it's murders are. That's my honest opinion. Hope you all have a good year shooting. Looks like I won't have the time to go out much. Dan

11. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Theres a story a few years back people were lined up clear around the block to get a Postal job,after a hour in line a guy with a portable speaker came out and said there would be drug testing! the line went to under 20 people. Jon

12. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

A while back a contractor, at my place of work placed an ad for help. In triple sized letters it had DRUG FREE WORKPLACE, DRUG TEST MANDATORY! Anyway 19 of 21 applicants failed the test.

And while drugs in a workplace are scary thoughts!

Living 65 miles north of an internationanal border the other side of whitch the drug lords seem to be taking over. Along with if one takes a look at the way prohabition in the 30's was such a SUCCESS!

Just the thought that legalizing the stuff! Will make it cheap enough to bankrupt those Bast****!

So the quetion to me is how do we keep the crap out of the workplace and yet make it legal so that,

"the street hoods, smugglers, and DRUG lords go broke"! "Trying to push something that if it were to be legal, THE price would drop below poverty wages"!

Looking at histroy, smuggling, gives the oldest profession a run or it's money on wich was the first profession! AND the only way it has EVER been stopped? MAKE the smuggled item LEGAL!

My2cents

AL

13. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Savage99Stan, I remember what not to waste however in the process I've lost track of why we were chasing women. What to do when you catch one? Having them mounted just doesn't sound sporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.