1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - UK men plead to felony

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dmarbell, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Two quotes from the above story.

"Barbara Kocher, the assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted the men, said the customs agents feared they had uncovered a violent plot. "They reacted as they have been trained," she said. "And they thought, this is a bad situation.""

""The government's overriding concern is always a deterrent for the next guy getting on the plane," Kocher said. "As an American, it blows my mind that someone would put firearms in their luggage and think there wouldn't be a problem.""

These guys brought silencers used on air rifles in their baggage from the UK. By not declaring them, they were charged with a felony. Based on the above quotes, I believe Kocher to be a little over zealous.

These were definitely not "firearms." Even if they were silencers for firearms, I could understand the prosecutor's position. But these are silencers for air rifles.

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.