1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - TV on Top of a TV???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Dog, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

I currently have an older television (18 years) that is a cabinet style, which obviously, they don't make anymore. I am going to buy a new 32inch flat screen LCD TV but I don't want to get rid of the old TV because I like the looks of the cabinet so well. Also, I do not like entertainment centers or any of the TV stands available.

Opinions please - Can I set the new TV on top of the old one for viewing or would that make me look too much like an "Oklahoma millionaire" you know, the ones that have "TWO cars up on blocks?" I could put a small curtain over the old TV screen if that would look better.

What do you think? Thanks.

Old Dog

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

It's your place so do exactly what you want to do.

I have seen many an old television cabinet stripped of its guts and made into a display cabinet or a video tape or a whatever type of cabinet. Have you considered gutting it and putting in some shelves where the tele tubby was and making that a space of VCR or DVD player along with tapes and DVD's?

Oh yeah ... does it still work or is it totally capooped? If it still works you could watch 2 shows at once and really be like a millionaire.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Do what you want but consider the height of the new tv. Would that make you raise your head to an uncomfortable position?

Eric

4. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Will the remote for the new TV open and close the curtains on the old TV?

5. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Or put it outside with the old washing machine.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Old Dog.....You gotta be careful. If you put one TV on top of the other TV ,they might reproduce and then you'll be a TV dad!

7. T/C

T/C TS Member

We stack em 3 high here in West by God Virginnie. Gets a tad cramped lessin you gots a double wide.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I think Foggie has a triple stack.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.