1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Transom or TM mount Fish Finder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I got a good deal on a new Hummingbird 535 fish finder and am not sure where to put it on my boat. I have never fished with a finder before. I want the screen on the front, I spend most of my time on the casting deck working the foot controlled trolling motor, should I mount the sensor on that motor or just on the rear on the transom? Thanks, Rich

Its a 14' deep v, all custom decking if that makes any difference.

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

You will get a more accurate reading from the trolling motor but then you won't get anything when you are running. Depends on if you want to troll or move the boat!

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Rofferbob hit the nail on the head. Most freahwater fisherman in my neck of the woods us two. One on transom for running with outboard motor, and a second unit up front to use when trolling. If you only use one, something is a trade-off.Good Luck. Break-em all. Jeff

4. richrob

richrob TS Member

Since I spend the majority of my time drifting/trolling I suppose I will be much better off having it on the trolling motor, unless someon convinces me otherwise. I have a general knowledge of several of the lakes I fish and dont really feel the need to have it active while running the outboard. Thanks for the input, Rich

5. gotbass

gotbass Member

If only one then trolling motor. Tight lines. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.