Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OT Toyota Tacoma 95-2001

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  TOOLMAKER 251 
#1 ·
OT Toyota Tacoma 95-2001 buy back

Just gave my 98 Toyota Tacoma back to the dealer.
They are paying owners 1-1/2 times the value of these trucks no matter the condition on a buy back recall if the frame is rotted.
I paid 9 grand for it 5 years ago.
I am getting 12 grand for it and have a rental car for free till the check arrives.
If youlive in an area where they salt in the winter, your frame is probably rotted.
If you have one of these Tacoma's, call your dealer right away for this incredible deal.
You should be getting a letter in the mail if you are on record as the owner.
My truck was in excellent condition other than the frame rust, but they poked a hole through the frame when they checked it out.
I would have been lucky to sell it for 5 grand the way it was.

#6 ·
I'm not sure why the demand. We went into a Toyota Dealer in Columbia, MO for a couple of small parts and a dealer drove over and asked if we wanted to sell the truck. I told him "NO". He said he had a list of people looking for them. He still didn't get the truck. Michael

#10 ·
"General Motors never built a truck with a frame you could read through either"
Oh really? I bought a (brand new) 1978 Sierra that was GONE (to read: completely rusted through) in 18 months. In my neck of the woods we used to joke that on a quiet night you could hear a Chevy/GM rust.

Toyota - The best American made small truck.

#13 ·
A Toyota with problems, say it ain't so!!!! I thought they never did anything wrong??? I thought they were as pure as the wind driven snow.

There are a few posters on this site who have convinced themselves that the foreign automakers and their workers here in American don't even have to go to the bathroom because they are so pure and superior!!! How then, can this happen??

Please hide all the knifes and sharp objects in Oregon, because somebody in that state has made Toyota their deity. And if they find out about this, I would worry about their mental and physical well being.

#14 ·
The saddest part is that this isn't the first time for the Tacomas...I rememberthe mid 80's truck had such a bed-rot problem they were replacing the back half of the truck for free then to,...is that the secret to Toyotas lasting so long?? Build such a rust bucket POS that you get a new one from the company every 5-10yrs?

#15 ·
The saddest part is that there were no Tacomas in the 80"s, Ive owned 2 toyota trucks First one i had for 10 years no problems, Now i own a Tacoma it will be 10 years old next year, The only thing i had to replace so far is a starter and a battery try that with any other American truck Richie

#16 ·
i'vw owned many gm products and 2 toyotas,my wife and i are currently both driving toyotas. i had 2 of the chevy trucks with the bad gas tanks. i'm not saying toyos are trouble free, even though my wifes american made camry is six years old and has had regular oil changes and a set of tires and thats it. no recalls even, not even a battery. i've only had my rav4 for 6 months but no problems there either. bought a new silverado in 99 and that truck had a couple o recalls and numerous trips to the service department all under warranty. worse luck with the ford i owned. make your own mind up and buy what you want but the big 3 would still be in court fighting the government over anything like this.jackmitch

#18 ·
Call it what you want, I'm just spreading the word. My truck's blue book value is $8200 retail. They are giving me 1.5 times that. I'm happy. I looked at my title and actually have had it almost seven years. It's been to three grands, and now I'm getting three grand more than I paid, (HaHa). My truck is going to a tech school is what they told me. My friends 96 was far worse. His shock mounts and leaf springs had separated. They told him his will be crushed. For whatever reason, they let him keep his truck till the check comes, and he's beating the crap out of it four wheeling. They didn't want mine to leave the dealership and gave me a loaner car. What to buy? I'm probably buying another Toyota. I've got to play the lottery this week.

#19 ·
Wow you had a battery and a starter..well honestly batteries don't count but I had 3 Ford trucks that I actually purchased new since I left high school...79 F100 6cyl.Lariat edition problems zero 266K..traded in in 92 on a f-150 4x4 6cyl XLT..it needed 1 rear universal joint in 317K from being submerged in mud through 12 hunting seasons and harsh winters...and my current F350 super Duty 61K and not one issue..probably never have one either..I expect to run it until gas is 10 bucks a gallon or they stop selling it all together.
P.S. I still know who owns my 92 and I believe his lawn business has clocked it up to 400K and are still using the Mobil 1 oil at every oil change and it is finally consuming a whole quart of oil between the 6000 mile changes...plus he takes pride in it looking great like when i let it go ..same frame..same fenders..same everything...damn american junk

#20 ·
I'm glad I saw this....I just noticed that my frame on my 98 Tacoma has a hole in it you could put a baseball through. Also the drivers side spring mount is pulling away from the frame. Ive been complaining about this for the last two weeks since I noticed the problem. Guess I better call my dealer! I bought the truck new and it now has 181k miles on it. Thanks again for posting this....

JASON SHEEHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.