1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT. Tompson Center black diamond 50 cal ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have been intrested in shooting black powder shoots around my area. I have a chance to get Like new condition Thompson Center Black diamond 50cal synthetic stock. What I dont know is. Is this a good gun for the 2 or 3 times a year i plan to shoot these events? Also what would be a Should buy it price.

2. IFLINCH

IFLINCH TS Member

I have a Thompson Firehawk (I believe a fore-runner of the Black Diamond)& a hunting partner has a Black Diamond. Both are 54 caliber & we both have found our guns to be very reliable but a bit fussy as to what bullets they will consistantly shoot well. We have tried probably a dozen different ones & have both settled on the Knight 260 grain (jacketed or lead doesn't seem to matter)sabotted bullets. We use these bulets over 100 grains of FFG & have excellent success on deer in upstate NY. We have never tried any competition with them & I suppose how good they need to shoot would depend on how competative you wish to be. Our guns at 50-75 yds. will constantly "cloverleaf" shots. Not sure if this answers your question but it is all I have.

Bob Griffith

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What I would like to know, What did the Black Diamond Synthetic stock SS barrel go for new? Rifled barrel 50cal.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mac'

Spend a little extra and buy the T/C Omega. The Omega is one of the finest shooting inlines that I've ever seen. Just do a little search and you'll see what I'm saying.

Good shooting and have fun!

ec90t

5. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

I think I picked my T/C Black Diamond XR (Longer Barrel) for about $300 new. It has a black synthetic stock and stainless barrel.

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have one on web site you can have for $150.00
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.