1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT--THIEF ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Four words:

Booby Trap + Pepper Spray

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Put up 2. The 2nd one hidden to watch the 1st. Use a bigger tree.

Don

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would suspect Beavers because the tree was cut down. Look for a Beaver dam with family pictured hanging from the sticks.

Pat Ireland

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Pat, that was just too funny. LOL Jackie B.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks guys---I think I may have found him---

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What was the opening thread??????

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I deleated the opening thread by mistake---I was asking for ideas to catch a thief that stole my trail camera by cutting down the tree---Someone has been seen in the area but wears a ski mask(not a beaver)---A second camera won't work because of the mask and camo clothes---I am now looking to find a camera that sends back pics to my computer---Appreciate any info of such a camera---I checked Cabelas but not sure they have them---Thanks to all---I'll find him---Be sure---MYSTIC---

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There are several brands of cameras that offer remote access and I considered buying one until I saw the price.

Ed

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

There are several models out there that you have to pay for the telephone service as an additional charge and it will send the pictures to your computer realtime. I believe that it was ATT that provides the service and we didn't get a good signal in my area so we didn't sell many of them. Jackie B.

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

there is company I think its "lojack" that installs tracking devices on equiptment when its stole you call them and they activate it and you can track it, you might get a dog tracking collar system and hide it in a old camera and if it gets sotlen track it yourself..

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks blkcloud---Great idea but I called my vet and was told the dog chip won't track but only will locate a dog if the finder calls the vet and they will locate---I don't understand that but thats what they said---let me know if there is any other info on that---Also called Lojack and they don't have anything except for autos and desktop computers and won't work in a camera---
    MYSTIC---

12. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Its not the dog chip its a tracking collar you put on hounds. many people use them on high dollar dogs that they are afraid they will loose.. try this link..

13. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Do you have an idea of whom the thief might be? There is a powder called Sneaky Pete. Cop shops and trick shop stores carry it. You brush this powder all over the object you want to protect, you can not see it after it's applied. You wear plastic gloves when brushing it on. When the the suspect picks up the object treated with the powder, within 30 minutes the sweat from his hands turns his skin bright purple. It takes a week to wash it off the skin. You would have to cover your next camera tightly with a plastic bag in case of rain, but the thief would eventually get it on his skin. It worked quite well for us when someone was stealing new auto parts from a locked room where they should have had no access to. Within 30 minutes the parts were recovered from the trunk of his car, the cops gave him a free ride down town, and he was jobless just that fast. Maybe it could work well for you too. Just a thought, I really hate a thief.

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Falcon---I like the idea but I think I would get the powder on me when I check out the pictures----I wish I had an old camera that don't work and use it as a trap---If anyone out there has a camera that is out of order and wants to get rid of it,let me know---I'll give it a try---at least he will have one wk of grief---MYSTIC---

15. JRW

JRW Member

tree stand crossbow night scope enough said Jerry

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Jerry---I have a 10 PT x-bow and tried to get a night scope with a light but they tell me that the vibration from the bow release will ruin the scope---I won't shoot the guy but what a night it would be---MYSTIC---

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Who said to put a bear trap under the tree?---OUCH---MYSTIC---

18. quartering

quartering Active Member

just how was your camera mounted to the tree? i don't see why he wouldn't cut the mounting strap instead of the entire tree.

19. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

Wait him out with a pump shotgun loaded with blank's, if he comes back cycle the gun once, if he or she doesn't "stop" let a few round's of the blank's go. If nothing else he'll either Shit himself or think your a crazy SOB.

Just a thought

Thank's Mike

20. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

quarting---I had the camera locked with a bicycle chain and a lock on the camera where it opens---The tree was 6 or 7" in diameter---His only choice was to cut the chain or the tree---Nxt time the tree will be 20" round---That was my fault---You live and learn---This is a lesson to all---MYSTIC---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.