1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-The Latest GI BILL!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

All of a sudden both political parties are posturing on what to compensate our military for future college & housing needs. I am retired military & all of this is B.S.---The GI bill was for draftees. They were paid zilch. Had to leave promising carreers, families at the beckon call of our nation. If the public really looked at current military pay scales & benefits, they too would say the GI BILL is B.S.--- I shoot at Camp LeJeune, the other day I stopped by the commissary & there is a space dedicated for vehicles for sale.----There are dozens of of high end F250 trucks, Mustangs, Escalades, etc. for sale.---Instead of a new GI bill, the military should get into the financial counciling business & save the future of these brave young warriors.---Phil

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Subject: OT-The Latest GI BILL!!!
    Email:
    Date: Thu, May 22, 2008 - 03:16 PM ET
    Website Address:

All of a sudden both political parties are posturing on what to compensate our military for future college & housing needs. I am retired military & all of this is B.S.---The GI bill was for draftees. They were paid zilch. Had to leave promising carreers, families at the beckon call of our nation. If the public really looked at current military pay scales & benefits, they too would say the GI BILL is B.S.--- I shoot at Camp LeJeune, the other day I stopped by the commissary & there is a space dedicated for vehicles for sale.----There are dozens of of high end F250 trucks, Mustangs, Escalades, etc. for sale.---Instead of a new GI bill, the military should get into the financial counciling business & save the future of these brave young warriors.---Phil

Phil- I have no idea what you have against the current people in the military but they have the highest rate of deployments since WWII -- some even more than WWII veterans

There are guys and gals on their 7th and 8th combat rotation into some of the most foresaken places in the world

Your problem is what?

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Yeah Phil what the hell is your problem with the Military?

I served for 5 years and the pay is SHIT! I was in the Gulf getting paid $24,000 a year (that included jump and dive pay) to risk my life so that ungrateful assholes like you can ride on the coat tails of all the good things that soldiers provide for all Americans (like Freedom). For you to make a statement like that means you are either a troll or a liberal or unamerican, so which is it? You were probably an officer correct. Get a life and go bitch about something more important like borders, language, and culture.

I am really pissed off right now about people like you disgracing Americans by saying stuff like that. If I ever hear someone say something like that in my presence they will wake up with a big bruise on the side of their head.

4. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Well I'm not your typical ungrateful American, i am a retired Navy CPO qualified in submarines. W e did alot of difficult tours with alot less pay and benny's of the current generation of professional military. All I am saying is what I see, if someone would care to post the current pay schedule, alotments & overseas & combat pay schedules it would be very enlighting. What really ticked me offf is when thechanged the Chief's club in New London to a day car center, this is the new navy.---Phil As an old navy hooker said to a hot running seaman--shut your mouth---the navy has more time in me than you have in the navy.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmmm...let's see:

Since we're (ahem) _not_ conscripting these soldiers...did anyone consider that maybe it takes more perks to encourage people to sign up...seeing as they're doing it voluntarily?

Oh! I see. You're one of those people who believe we should bring back the draft. Ok...take your place with Charlie Rangel and the rest of the crowd.

6. M-16

M-16 TS Member

With all of the deployments and even just duty station to duty station in the states it's hard for a soldier to complete college while serving. We give free education to free loaders and non-eglish speaking people. Why not support somebody that mite be worth something and they'll give back to our country again.Your military experience was in a little bubble! They may be pour with handling money but they earned the right to do as they please.
    RET USARMY MP CORPS

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Maybe the vehicles were for sale because they can no longer afford them?

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

WOW! I think I was making about $120 a month + $65 combat pay when I first arrived in Vietnam, and I was not drafted.

9. nipper

nipper TS Member

here we go again, yea the military should tell someone how to spend and not spend money.to hell with the parents being responsible for this, maybe the drill instructor can tell them how to spend their money when the recruit gets mad and asks for his or her time out.

bill

10. nipper

nipper TS Member

by the way buzz gun-- good point..

why do you think the us army did away with their slogan??

"we do more before 9 am than most people do all day"

young people were thinking --hell no not me,im sleeping till at least noon

Bill

11. g7777777

Nipper -- Bill - whatever your real name is

Its obvious from your comments- that you are not fit to lick the boots of any man or woman now serving

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. nipper

nipper TS Member

gene,

have a great mermorial day, i sure will, i served my time

bill

13. Juno

Juno TS Member

Nipper, I believe your confabulating again buddy.

Juno

14. bb-84

bb-84 Member

Phil Maybe you should start your apology on this thread first.

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Some folks amaze me.

If someone wants (yes, WANTS) to give up 4 years of their life to serve this country...seems like helping them out with a college degree is the least we can do.

Yes, when I left the USAF in 1998 (10 proud years with 3 trips to Bosnia and over 200 hours of combat time in an AC-130) the pay was adequate. Phil's right on that, at least in my opinion.

I can't believe a retired CPO would think such a thing. let alone say such a thing.

But opinions are like A**holes. But you'd think a retired CPO would be old enough to know that not everyone wants to see his butt....

16. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Wow, you guys can really twist things-I will not apologize on this thread----I wish some one could download the current military pay scales---add, housing allowances, health benefits----military pay is real good these days---I really think the all volunteer military was thrust upon us by enemies of our country. Unless everyone is obligated to do some kind of service---we are becoming the modern day equivalent of ancient Rome. Our community has built a home for a severely wounded sgt. I have hosted local marines in my house twice in the past two years in community sponsered events. Too much of military budget is being spent on personel costs due to having an all volunteer military. We don't have enough man power & our country's finances are tumbling towards bankruptcy. We need the draft to reinvent our CITIZEN militry.---- John McCain , will most likely be the last Pres. to have served----Phil

17. g7777777

Chatbrat- Phil

"Miltary Pay is really good"

your are seriously confused

for working 20 hour days?

for being deployed 4 out of 5 years?

for being shot at and attacked?>

for being maimed and injured?

someone is not thinking clearly chatbrat/phil and a couple of you have posted on here that fall into that category

regards from the Great State of Iowa

Gene

18. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

The Current payscale is for and E-4 with over 3 years, 1949 base pay, 637 for housing if married and 165 for hazardous duty. Don't forget to give Uncle Sam back 30-40% of that and you get $1925 a month. Forget getting off post housing if not married. The GI Bill is a big incentive for guys to sign up and give up 4 years of their life. I used it, and stayed in for my 20. Have friends deployed now.

Mike

19. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Phil...I, personally, AGREE with you that the pay is good. NOT GREAT, but good.

but I won't begrudge the boys (and gals, now) a college degree. They're worth a HELLUVA LOT MORE than we can ever pay.

I'm a conservative...a few feet to the right of Reagan after a couple beers. Our servicemen and women deserve better than they've gotten over the years.

Every time they win a war they've been punished for it in troop and funding reductions. And when the liberals and do-gooders tie their hands so that they CAN'T win, they get punished for that, too.

We re-established the meaning of the 2nd amendment today. We need to re-establish the meaning of TREASON. A lot of folks have crossed that line lately.

20. g7777777

the pay is GOOD?-- NO IT ISNT

what Union worker would work 20 hour days- 7 days a week- and get shot at for $1900 dollars a month?

How many people think 1900 dollars a month is good for just working 20 hour days and 7 days a week?

what about being deployed 4 out of 5 years?

no the pay isnt good---

the people signed up for various reasons but the pay isnt good

in one week you can work 100-140 hours at times--

the pay isnt GOOD

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.