1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-The Economy Shifting Gears

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well-if you think things are bad now, just wait till all the ARM mortgages reset. The sub-prime debacle will look like chump change. This is why the Gov't is going to zero on the prime rate.

Lou

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its only just begun ... Lean times ahead and going to get a lot worst before it starts to get better ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't understand the fools who think an ARM will reset to a lower rate.

They can put the interest rates to ZERO and a reset will be a nice juicy increase for Mister Banker.

The teaser rates to get people into ARMs were not real, and lost money for the writers, with the promise of bigger returns on the reset.

SUUUUUUCKERS!!!!!!!

HM

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Here we go!...

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

As people lose jobs and assets are devalued (at the same time), we will see a level of poverty that most people have not experienced. Many will not be able to tolerate the change in their lives.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Storms a brewin'

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Devi is accurate with more than a shotgun. Her words are very true. Shoot well and often while we can, Bob

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

What's with all the negative outlook? Haven't you heard, the Messiah will be arriving 1/20/09!! Then things will be a changing. If we can just hold on for another month. Nobody will want for anything. Everything is going to be free. I will probably be closing my business down, as I will have no need to work anymore. Affordable housing for all, even the ones like me who won't be working anymore. Free health care, college for everybody, a "right" to food. Dam it is going to be nice.

I may go back to college and get that degree in Diversity, or Multiculturalism, so I can be an asset in the new America.

I may spend my time in community service, like converting the local gun range into a soccer field. Or maybe I can carry hod for the brick masons who will be building the ovens, for the conservatives who don't fall in line.

Ah the new America. And some of you guys are still negative? Better change your attitude or there could be sensitivity seminar (reeducation camp) in your future.

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ah, he said we had a right to food? From what I remember, he said that "we cannot just eat as much as we want and the rest of the world would be ok with it."

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Wouldnt be a bit surprised if you end up in a place that resembles Dauchu, Bisi.

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Maybe we could do without a few malls and fast food restaurants.

Maybe we could all go back to houses without more bathrooms than people and slate foyers.

Maybe we could all learn to roll up our car windows, shift gears manually and sit on basic vinyl or cloth seats.

Maybe we could all learn to wash and iron our own clothes and cook our own meals.

Maybe we could all learn to spend more time together as a family instead of attending all manner of professional sports events, expensive vacations, spas and amusement parks.

Maybe we could all buy only American products or limit all imports to nations for which we have a favorable or neutral balance of trade.

Maybe we could all walk or ride a bike a little and not belong to health clubs.

Maybe we could take care of our health a little better and not take as many pills and not use cosmetic surgery.

Maybe we could all go to church on Sunday and pray a little.

Maybe we could insist that our children complete school and better prepare for productive lives.

Maybe we could do without some of the pollution controls on our automobiles.

This recession may be bad but over 90% of Americans are still on the job and there is a large base of retirees with substantial income. I think that America will do all right.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.