1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT.Thanks Opec!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bocephas, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Thanks Opec for cutting production today.

Like they say the buck stops here.

We just got a shoe thrown at us.

Bo

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

while we (Americans) spend millions protecting those dirty lousy rag-head m----- (you know what I mean),, I truly hope those bastards choke on their oil,,,,

3. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

They've got no choice! All the refineries, tankers and everything else they can put oil in is full. They don't have any place to store it! That is why the stock market ignored their decision to cut production today. It's only a head fake and we didn't fall for it.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

When they announced the production cut crude hit a 4 year low. It closed today at $40.16 The same thing happened last month when they made the cut. I seen on the news the oil co's are renting super tankers to store the oil offshore.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They had the same problem in 1973. Their answer then was a phony shortage that resulted in all the half empty gas tanks in American cars being filled up.

The "shortage" went away when the price went up. Gee, What'ya know?

HM

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It's working, oil is down to $34 today. And Ol' Goofy Chavez said he "personally would not allow it to fall below $55 a barrel". Let them Citgo stations eat cake.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Latest I seen it was $36 heading down to $25.

8. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

When gas was $4-5 dollars a gallon there was no shortage then and demand was falling. The speculators, Exxon, Mobile, etc., drove the high prices and keep it there as long as they could until people actually started to really make a difference in their driving habits. But more important than that, the serious talk and implementation of alternative fuels is beginning to take hold.

In my opinion, the silly reasons gas prices used to rise is over. It got to the point that "if a butterfly farted in Asia, it caused wind currents in the ocean to change...thus effecting the price of gas." Or any other stupid reason you can think of. I believe that kind of deception is over.

I think the only thing that might raise the price of oil and gas in the near future is a complete shutdown of several major pipelines. And, I also think the cause will be due to sabotage within the major oil giants themselves. It would not surprise me at all to see in the very near future, major explosions at oil refineries, oil tankers sunk or hi-jacked, pipelines ruptured and other serious problems that would disrupt the supply of oil and gas to the consumer.

Mark Rounds

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Prices of gas has started to climb back up here in South Georgia. Jackie B.

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jack S. A local fuel distributor said that we could expect .99 cent gas this spring. I would love that but, I'll believe it when I see it. Jackie B.

11. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

Does anybody really think they're cutting back on oil production? If you've ever been to a refinery you know that it's not just like turning down the spigot. They know how to store oil. They mention cutbacks and the price goes up. These are the same people that brought you $4/gallon gas because there is a "shortage". Lying/thieving/crooked/rotten/anti-American/raghead/bastards!