1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Tax Stimulus!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BRGII, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

The tax rebates created by the law will be paid to individual U.S. taxpayers during 2008. Most taxpayers will receive a rebate of $600 per person, plus $300 per dependent child under the age of 17. All taxpayers below the income limit will receive a rebate of at least $300 per person. There are other amounts depending on individual circumstances.

HOWEVER…

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, it will all go to the A-rabs. Neither will help the American economy. We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way I can see to keep that money here at home is to buy coldbeer, spend it on prostitution, trapshooting, or play golf, since those are the only businesses still left in the U.S.

Your cooperation will be appreciated...

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

The total rebate cost is about $150 billion, give or take. The total value of the economy is just north of $14 trillion. This amounts to a boost of just over 1%, hardly a shot in the arm. It becomes even less, for those who put the money into savings, instead of spending it.

Best,
    Dennis

3. yenko

yenko TS Member

although this is a rebate from the feds,watch to see your state and locals will tax you on it.read the details on it from the irs website goes to show nothing is free.

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Hire local tradesmen to complete a project you have been wanting to do around your home. Invest it in remodeling your home investment. Good luck.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Tron.

6. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Olddrill said it best.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Olddrill....clap...clap. Well said sir!

Maybe some of the Bush/Repub bashers need to read Mr. Woolsey's thread.

Can't believe that a semi literate person would even bash Bush/Repub's over this....and those people have a gun...very interesting indeed!

Curt

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I wonder if I can use my cash to get the kind of stimulus the ex prez and the Gov of NY spent our money on??

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

I'm going to spend my tax refund on 2 hole ATA targets before inflation turns them into 3 hole targets.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Beer. German Beer. Good German wheat beer. Erdinger Kristall. To be in my cooler after shooting prairie dogs and trap targets. Enough to last all summer if I don't get greedy.

I can hardly wait.

HM

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hey Halfmile...If I can save a few bucks for traveling expenses,...would you mind a prairie dog shooting partner

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Well said olddrill. Dumbass libs and dems will never get it. They are the problem more than they are the solution.

13. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Who knows what the wife has in mind !

14. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

bush is the one suggested this idea & sent it to congress.the congress then passed the law. then bush signed it .i have not heard of one congress person get on national tv & tell the world that bush signed their stimulus package. however i have heard bush get on national tv & tell us that congress passed his stimulus package. .the dems & repubs are all in it together.i don,t think the dems are the only ones to blame. what do the rest of you think? maybe several of the commenters so far need to open there dumbass closed minds dwain

15. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i was just stating facts. sounds like you boys can,t handle it. what makes you think i am a demo.? dwain

16. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i just sold a car that was taxed 10 times.

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Maybe some of the dems won't get much. I got a letter from IRS today telling me I had to have taxable income of at least $600 before I would get that much. Is welfare classified as taxable income? My old doper buddy gets about $3000 called "unearned" income. Parties for a while every spring.

18. boneman

boneman TS Member

I'm going to use mine to buy some more Smith & Wesson's but this will bite us in the butt before it is said and done. We sure leave ourselves open for people to crap on us. Larry

19. B.C.

B.C. Member

most people on this site wont qualify anyway ! B.C.

20. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Just keep it and then give it back to them. They raised your taxes in congress buy letting the Bush tax cuts expire. At least thats what I intend to do with the damn money. They will most likely want to tax the rebate also.

It is a case of here this is yours now give it back.

This is congress or maybe this is your demacrap congress on drugs. It makes sense to them.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.