1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Taurus PT1911SS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KTOGP32, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOGP32

KTOGP32 TS Member

Planning on buying a new Taurus 1911 tomorrow. Tell me why I should....or should not.

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Are you married or single? That makes alot of difference !!

3. elinvar

elinvar Member

They seem to be a decent gun at a good price- negatives would be foreign made and the resale vaule of anything Taurus is not very good- I personally prefer Kimber's- Made in the USA and Quality- Resale very good as well.
    Terry's Gun Vault

4. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

There's a reason they cost $800 less than a Kimber, one's made with better materials and machining. However, I shot one of the Taurus 1911's and couldn't find any reason not to own one. Sangamo is right though, the resale is going to be low but then it cost less to begin with. One I shot would print around 2" at 25 yards.

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

As long as you're not expecting Springfield Armory or better quality it is a pretty good gun for the money. Much better than the Rock Island, LLama, and other low priced 45's. I've had a few in my shop for minor problems and one early one that had to be sent back. It had a large chamfer on the firing pin hole causing primer flow back.
    Ross

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If you want an economical 1911 clone with a ton of custom features and match grade accuracy get the Dan Wesson Point Man 7...made by the CZ people..mine shoots better than my Kimbers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.