1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT switching from dial to electronic combination

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tinman18, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinman18

tinman18 TS Member

has anyone on here switched from a dial combination to electronic ? Is it very hard to do and what to watch for.
    Thanks Mike

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

It's not hard to do, make sure you know what you are doing. Study how the relocker works and don't set it to trip too easily.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I've been using an S&G electronic combo for over 3 yrs now, I still haven't replaced the two 9v batteries. Mine gets used everday, sometimes multiple times.

If the dial is a S&G dial, the electronic combo is a direct replacement.

One thing as regards to maintainence...if you do not change the code occassionally, be sure to at least, every few months, take some mild cleaner, and give it a good wiping off. Here in the shop, my dirty hands tend to leave a tell-tale trace each time I hit the buttons. Though there are six digits used out of the nine, someone might get lucky on hitting the right sequence, with those six.

Another nice feature is, if the wrong combination is used three time in a row, the lock with freze up for 15 minutes, preventing any further attempts.

You can find these electronic combos at McMaster-Carr. They are right around $200...maybe a smidgen more. AND, you can do it yourself.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.