1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: SWEEEEET win for the Colts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by powderburn, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Once again, the arogance of Coach Belichik costs him another one against the Colts. What a game, and loved screaming out into the night after this one! Manning is just amazing. I have never liked Brady, but last night he DID give credit to our team at the postgame, so, maybe he's not as arogant as I thought. Not like his Sith Lord of a coach, Belichik. Go Colts, keep scoring, keep driving, and don't look back til it's ALL over.
    -a happy Colts fan, -powderburn

2. jhoward

jhoward Member

I don't think it was that bad a decision. Go for the 1st down and seal the game or punt and give the ball to Manning with 2+ minutes left. Punting means he has to go maybe 40 yards further on the drive and also gives them a chance for a run back. How many 80 yard 2 minute drives has Manning led over the years? Gutsy call, but not as bad as a lot of people think, in my opinion.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I agree with jhoward. I suspect Belly has major respect/fear of giving the ball to Manning and maybe, he did not trust his defense!? Tom Rhoads

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Manning got inside Belicheat's head BIG TIME. Belicheat is thinking, "If I give him the ball with 2:00 left, I KNOW he's going to pick my tired defense to shreds."

Belicheat made the right call in trying to ice the game - his offense just couldn't deliver.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Sweet enough to make up for paying that extra 1 or 2 percent sales tax on food, beverages, and what is it room tax,car rental tax, so that miserable pos Irsay could have his new stadium??

What is the sales tax on dining in Naptown now? Did they even pay off the old "Hoosier Dome" before imploding it. I will say Irsay is slick though, he got Marion county to pay for his first stadium, and now I understand he conned the surrounding counties into footing the bill for the 2nd. Who will pay for the 3rd?

6. powderburn

powderburn Member

9% food and bev sales tax now downtown. And no, the Hoosier Dome was not paid off. No wonder our city/county/state accountability on revenue and spending is all screwed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.