1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT SUNAMI?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Just heard that the sunami warnings have gone off in Hiwaii, Son in pearl, and also heard that there may be warnings for as far north as alaska, Have any of you guys Heard anything at all? also wondered about the guys at the hiwaii st shoot, Reg. and crew

Bob

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Supposed to hit HI at about 3pm Central

3. Toddy

Toddy Member

I just heard and I will be phoning my friends in Hawaii to see if all are OK.

Reg. Todd.

4. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

I am in Kona now...... sirens woke us at 6am . Beaches are closed , as well as the golf courses !
    Hilo airport is closed . The first waves are supposed to arrive in about an hour. Should be interesting.....

Walt

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I believe CNN said waves anywhere from 10-15 feet, but I'm not sure about that.
    -Trappy

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The local news here in Phx said waves as high as 30 foot ... Thats a big wave ... Hope everyone is Safe and Okay ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The TSUNAMI is suppose to hit Hilo any time now 11:06 am HST. Forecast is 6 to 8 feet. Waxing my board as we type.....

Actually, glued to the TV on the local channel that has a live camera on the roof of the hotel on the edge of Hilo bay on high ground.

Jason

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jason,

Is there anyone having a Tsunami party like those folks in the gulf have hurricane parties?

ss

9. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I think there may be quite a few. The people partying are not laughing at mother nature here. Our town is 1,300 feet above sea level. So instead of going to beach for fishing or partying, they are most likely doing it at home or from high ground,over looking the ocean.

So far it is turning into a minor event. Hilo,Big Island and Kalhului, Maui the first wave was about 3 feet.

Jason

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

We got quite an education watching the news coverage and listening to the experts tell us what they thought would happen to the islands. They were spot on with the way the tide water decreased then increased and the turning of color. Luckely for the islanders there weren't any large waves that hit like they did on Galapagos Islands. I hope no others are injured by this latest catastrophy. How fortunate for the Chilians that they have in the last 50 years been building with earthquake proof engineering in their plans. Nothing should have withstood that 8.8 and many of their more modern building while being destroyed did not collapse. The numbers that died as compared to the Haitian losses of a month ago from a quake with less power is amazing. I wonder what will happen to some off our older cities if the "big one" ever hits the New Madrid fault up the Mississippi River. I suspect our death losses would be a lot more than 300 as is the current estimate in Chile. Our prayers go out to those folks in their time of trial. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.