1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot Storing Boat for the winter

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nailer123, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I'm going to store my string ray speed boat in a barn this winter.What is the best way to keep the mice out. Thanks Kirki

2. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

maybe a fox????

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

dixie cups full of moth balls.

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Got cats??????

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

D-Con. Check once in a while and replace as necesary. When the cold hits they should be done moving in.

HM

6. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

D-Con works well for killing rodents but it has no control over where the rodents go to die. I'm sure that there are any number of inaccessible nooks and crannies in your boat where a dead rodent can create an objectionable odor come spring.

Lister

7. Damifino

Damifino Member

Move to FL - You can use your boat all year!

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Make sure there is nothing hanging over the side of the boat for the mice to climb. And nothing too close to the sides of the boat that they can jump from.
    I keep a paper towel on the floor of the boat as a signal. If they get in the boat they will shred the paper towel to make a nest.

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

bounce dryer sheets.

10. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Nothing really works except shrink wrap that is put on properly with vents with screens. You need the vents to prevent mildew and other nasty molds that easily develop on a plastic boat. I have seen raccoons, mice, birds move into a boats and have litters aboard. And they tear the hell out of the upholstery. Go ahead and tell the raccoon that she is in your boat. LOL!!! Todd

11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Good luck on the rats, however do not forget the STABEL in the gas tank and run it through the carbs before storing, this saves big bucks.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When I used to store my boats I always used moth balls to keep the field mice and rodents away, never had a problem in over 20 years ... Shrink wrap it and you will have mold someplace when you open it up unless it vented ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.