1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Stop car rust OT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

When working on my old Lincoln, I've used products from Eastwood Company. There are a number of POR-15 paint products which require very little surface prep. They also market surface protection - rubber coatings etc... to prevent new damage.

www.eastwood.com (?!)

Jay Spitz

2. richrob

richrob TS Member

I second POR-15, amazing product, but dont get any on your skin or its gonna be there for a while. I have had best results with throw away foam brushes, the people at eastwood will set you up with everything you need. -Rich

3. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Watch POR-15. I have it on the inside & underside of the floor pan on my streetrod. I painted it about 9 years ago and it worked great. Now about six years ago I used it on the frame for a 63 Impala. The frame was never outside or exposed to direct sun light, keep in a heated & cooled shop. About 2 month afer it was painted & installed it started to crack the longer it set the worst it got.

A trip to the sand blaster stopped the cracking problem!

Kevin / ex gear head @ 402-463-3415

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

POR-15 works great but like a good paint job preparation is the key factor to get the best final results ... I know many car builders (restorers) that use it on a regular basis and most have had very good results ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.