1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Stainless Steel Cleaners?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MXSHOOTER, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Windex, works on about any thing

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Lisa, althougn not a true cleaner just wipe down with plain baby oil and all the swirls are gone and the stainless shines. Rick Gibbs

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Make sure that the stainless isn't coated with some sort of clearcoat before you use anything abrasive on it. My brother owned a Delorean for a while, and the factory recommended that the car be cleaned with water and fine steel wool used in a circular motion. The car always looked better than my brother did when it was finished.

Mike

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I use an oil based cleaner "Sprayway." It's the best I've used. Use clean cheesecloth and wipe with the grain in a straight line never across the grain, it can scratch. Always wipe from one end to the other and don't change directions in the middle of the piece, that will make swirl scratches. If something gets spilled on the stainless don't let it dry, clean it off right away with soap and water then get out the Sprayway. SS is a PITA

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I used a product called "Shelia Shine" from Ace is the place Hardware ... It cleans, protects, and shines the Stainless like you have never seen ... Not cheap but a good product and it smells good too ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. americanenergy

americanenergy TS Member

Try this... Its called Shela Shine, It is the BEST product for Stainless I have ever used, and have had the same compliments from every body I have recommended it to. Tom

7. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I agree. Zep from Home Depot is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.