1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Springfeild XD?????????????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I know its not a trap question, but any opinions on a 9mm XD how do they compare to Glocks are they dependable etc... Also are there different variations and what are they worth used about 90% with box papers. Any help would be appreciated Jim W

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've seen the XD 9mm new in the box for just under $400 at some local shows. Use that for a guide if you are looking for a deal. Retail price means little when they are heavily discounted. Also look at the XD-M. It's a better contour and has other refinements that may be worth looking at.

3. SanDiegoShooter

SanDiegoShooter TS Member

I have the XD in the 3 " compact .40 and the XD 9mm Tactical. I like them both very much. I have not had any issue with either weapon. I am going to add the XD-M to my collection simply because I like the refinements and I like the idea of 16 rounds of .40 cal.

Cheers,

Mike

4. SanDiegoShooter

SanDiegoShooter TS Member

I have the XD in the 3 " compact .40 and the XD 9mm Tactical. I like them both very much. I have not had any issue with either weapon. I am going to add the XD-M to my collection simply because I like the refinements and I like the idea of 16 rounds of .40 cal.

Cheers,

Mike

5. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

I have the XD .45 and love it! Easy to break down and clean and functions with all types of ammo. It is the only pistol that I do not have to adjust when I pull it up. It comes up right there and bang! My Glocks I have to adjust up a little before breaking the trigger.

Van

6. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I've had Glocks for years when I got the bug for an XD in 45 acp. It was nearly the most dissapointed gun experience I have had. The XD was a pain in the butt to function due to the grip safety. After three times of shooting and about a total of 150 rounds I was noticing considerable bluing wear on the slide. I took a quick 150.00 loss and moved on. That said I carry a Glock 19 every day. Around 9000-1000 rounds so far without any troubles except with a few not well resized releoad. The slide finish is still perfect, bluing wear on the slide release. At the recent NRA show I asked both S&W and Springfield why no other company can seem to produce a finish as smooth and durable as Glock---no one has answered yet. By the way this Glock has probably traveled around 100,000 miles or more in the door of my trucks, being dirty, snowed and rained on--still looks as new except for slide release. Bryan

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If your looking for a polymer frame pistol, the S&W M&P is state-of-the-art.
    Better ergonomics, interchangeable back straps (three provided) Melonite
    finish (same as Glock but Glock calls it Tennifer) Barrels are thru-hardened
    unlike Glock which is surfaced hardened only. A used XD in this neighborhood
    is about $375.00

8. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Has the M & P also in compact 9mm for the wife. While I do think it is much better than the XD in quality I still like the Glock. The M & P is very comfortable as far as the grip is concerned.

Besides quality of Glock I like the fact that my extra "back up" magazines can all be the same. My Glock 34 that is attached to my bed frame has 17 rounds, I can take those extra mags along for my 19 and 26. The original mags stay in that particular model but the extras are all the same and just stick out--not a problem if needed.

9. emm2

emm2 Member

I have a Springfield XD9 5" tactical. The gun is dead accurate and has never jammed in the 6000 rounds I've put through it. I also have a Glock 17 and I would not trade a new Glock for the Springfield. Fit and finish on the XD is every bit as good as the Glock, compare the two side by side. As for the rear safety it's natural if you shoot a 1911. IMO they are a great gun.

10. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Thanks to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.