1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - some things never change

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by skeezix, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeezix

skeezix Member

just had to laugh.

We are in the process of moving my folks into assisted living and cleaning out their home. In amongst their papers were some papers of my grandmothers. In those papers was a type-written joke - just exactly like you would get in an email today.

I didn't make a copy of it, but it stated with "well, Harry Truman is in office and the Democrats are still pushing their socialized medicine program" the joke went on about this individual seeking medical care for an injury and being confronted by a series of doors. Open this door if you are a taxpayer, open this door if married, open this door if you are white, etc. The last pair of doors was open this door if you are a democrat or that door if you are a republican. Well, the subject of the joke went through the republican door - and fell 9 stories to the pavement below.

I think the same joke could be told today -with a bit of scrubbing for political correctness ( have to leave out the black or white doors)

John

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Why, wasn't the world a better place before political correctness ran rampant?

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The sad thing is that fter all these years we're still falling for the whole Republican vs. Democrat sham. BOTH parties have been stealing us blind for decades and running our country into the ground both economically and culturally. Too bad the Tea Party wasn't organized and smart enough to remain independent from the corrupt Republican party.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.