1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) So I go to buy new windshield wipers....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerry944t, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

So I go to buy new windshield wipers for my Japanese car, an Acura, which is manufactured in Ohio.

I go to an American store, NAPA, and buy their store brand which is "Perfect Fit", a name that really doesn't perfectly describe the product, and read the label. The wipers are manufactured in Mexico.

It's very hard to buy American these days and this adventure, for some reason, amused me.

Merry Christmas!

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I get the feeling you ain't seen nothing yet ... Merry Christmas ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

It use to be that you could get a made in America wiper that would not fit either. Quality control is the same problem world-wide. If it does not go in, it will not come out.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I bought some pricey wiper blades with the German name Bosch or something and they work very well no streaks and don't ice up like summer blades but they could have been made in China or Mexico or Bangledesh I didn't dare look at the box. I don't see any clothes at Walmart that are made in U.S.A. or Canada.

5. emm2

emm2 Member

Have you been living under a rock? When was the last time you bought anything made in America?

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

LOL, well I see by the tone of your reply that irony and nuance is sort of lost on you emm2.

7. emm2

emm2 Member

Jerry, I am very pro America and buy so any time I can but it's just getting almost impossible to do so. It's also like an oxy moron looking for American wipers for a Japanese car. Shane

8. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

** When was the last time you bought anything made in America?**

Two weeks ago. I cleaned WalMart out of the last Rems they had @$41.40/flat.

Last week my wife came home from shooping, all excited: "LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT!!"

What?

"A bathmat, MADE IN THE USA!! It cost twice as much as a Chinese one, but it was worth it!!!

And hey, I still drive a Caddy Fleetwood, made in Detroit, with a cast-iron small block.

9. emm2

emm2 Member

Smokerz, what brand of gun do you shoot those STS's out of?

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gee, smokerz, my '71 Toyota Land Cruiser has a cast-iron small block, made in Detroit.

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

chinese shells are on the way?

12. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

Miketmx,
    Bosch is a swedish based company, not saying their wiper blades are made in Sweden, but I am in retail sales and sell some of their products and they are all top of the line.

13. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Smokerz, what brand of gun do you shoot those STS's out of?**

Not STS, Rem Game loads. I shoot them out of a Win 101...yeah, I know, Japanese...but my wife shoots her share out of an 1100. Maybe she's more patriotic than I am.

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I stopped buying Chinese ! They bad!

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    don, it looks better in photos than in real life. Yes, it's a camper special. It's a 3/4 ton (C-20), but it has 1-ton running gear and springs with a load rating higher than a 1-ton. This apparently was common at one time, as the insurance (and in some states registration) is cheaper for a 3/4 ton than a 1 ton. This truck has a 454 snf 4.10 gears, so it's a thirsty truck. I usually only use it for hauling heavy or bulky loads.

16. emm2

emm2 Member

Smokerz, Maybe you should let your wife pick out your next gun. LOL

17. willing

willing Member

Dsid-We have a Bosch plant here in town and its Manager is a german. According to their web site home appliances auto parts are all part of the company. I think it's really a German company(Bosch-Siemans).

Bill

18. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

High end weed wackers are made in Japan. Bottom-of-line models, guess where they are made? USA.

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Brian...I've got one just like it....a 6-pack of springs + overloads in the back and probably a 4.10 rear....lookin' at a built 700R4 for it....but I'm just getting started on the build.

Ron in Alberta

20. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

brian quit putting pictures of the toyota on here they make me want to cry. i was at the toyo dealer today looking at a rav4 and lusting for a new fj.the wife says no way on the fj, crappy mileage.rav4 is ok but it ain'y no fj.didn't buy the rav either they were 2grand off my price. love your toyo man.jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.