1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Sight on High Standard .22 Pistol

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scoutman 06, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Aug 28, 2006
    I have a High Standard 9 shot .22 pistol. The rear sight fits into a dovetail in the frame. On mine the pressed fit is not secure & the sight will shift to the right slightly during firing. Is there an easy fix for this? The frame & sight are non-magnetic so I assume they are some grade of aluminum & I was a little reluctant to just center punch some dimples in the frame. Thanks in advance, John
  2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The 'easy' fix is one of the LocTites, or clear (black?) nail-polish.

They'll stick and you can still drift the sight out if you need to.

I lost a globe sight on a Black Powder match-rifle and stuck it back on (rather permanently) with 'Black Max' from Brownells.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Aug 27, 2007
    Terre Haute Indiana
    John, a couple of soltions come to mind.

Pick up some brass shim stock at a hobby shop and cut a shim to place under the sight. You may need to make a longer shim and trim the excess after it is installed. Shim stock comes in .001", .002", .003" etc. thicknesses.

You could remove the sight and upset some metal in the bottom of the dovetail with a small center punch. That is what a gunsmith would do.

Jim Skeel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.