1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Sick of hearing about MJ

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FIB, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing about Michael Jackson? I know that I am!!

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If I hear anymore about that sick SOB....I'll probably puke!

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

He was a sick deranged individual. A drug addict and child molester. King of the pop culture worshipped by the left. Not male, not female. Not black, not white. Now Obama is the new king of the pop culture.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The more the news media covers MJ, it dosen't have to cover politic and the government then has time to do things to us without any exposer!

5. navyshooter

navyshooter Member

I think you are going to hear about him for years to come, but i agree with being sick of it.

6. kolarshooter1981

kolarshooter1981 TS Member

what makes me sick is we have a famous woman farrah fawcett die that same week and you never hear anything about her really. It seems like for every 30 second clip on her there is a 30 minute clip of MJ. They ignore a white woman who has made history for a guy that wanted to change his race and was constantly in trouble with the law for young kids. The media has their priorities backwards.

7. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

YEP and Jamie Fox says "we had one of own die and we lent him to the white people" if a white man said that we would be slaughtered with racial comments!!
    OH, well LIB MEDIA!!!

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Isn't it interesting that while "Cap & Trade" was being "discussed" in the House, there was virtually not a word about it or any meaningful information or debate about it on any of the major media? Yet, they could devote hours and hours to someone who has become worm food for being famous for singing, dancing, have questionable activities with kids, being bankrupt, apparently being hooked on assorted drugs and in general being of little actual consequence.

One could almost assume that there was a very deliberate attempt to prevent any coverage of politicians who drop out of sight while "developing foreign relations", having an eight month delay in election results being covered UNTIL the democrat is finally declared the winner, the ouster of a left well beyond leaning to full tilt, President of a country who seems to want to raise himself above the law in order to stay in office, (Gee I wonder if that is a trial balloon for someone else's future plans?) and who knows what else isn't being covered because the media has decided to "Let them have Circuses!"

Meanwhile so many of the "well informed voters" lap up every drop of bilge water put out about "Their Hero for The Ages of Rock Music". I think in his death, this "pop icon" has provided more dis-service to his (or was it really his) country by allowing vital issues to be hidden or buried. I fear we will not know what has ACTUALLY been going on with the economy, taxes, bailouts, etc. for quite some time to come.

I did catch a 2 second or so mention, sandwiched between more MJ coverage, that Citigroup has silently raised interest rates on millions of credit card holders. There was also a very brief blurb, well buried, that some bank or such that has received, and so far not returned, massive bailout money has decided to raise their high level executives pay substantially. Contrast that with Pennsylvania (for the eighth year running), California, Illinois and how many other states?, not only not passing their legally mandated budgets but only fighting about how much, and not whether to, raise taxes. Again, little detailed coverage, only generalities of "Its the other side's fault!' coverage.

On the "We have to raise taxes." claim, how many of you, who have suffered job losses, wage freezes or cutbacks, pension plan losses, savings losses, benefits cuts or such could go to your boss or board of directors and say, "I need a raise because I have done such a lousy job of doing my job, by NOT cutting costs, blackmailing the low paid workers with threats of job losses, not covering my political kickbacks and bribes from public scrutiny, paying off by government programs voters who elected me, etc. that the only way I can continue to do an even lousier job is by getting more money?....

Think that would fly? Yet, thanks to MJ, we don't get to hear about that now do we?

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Goes to show you what this world is coming to when they refer to Micheal Jackson as an Icon of any sort ... He was born a poor black kid and died an indebt but rich white bitch ... I was sick of hearing about him while he was still alive ... WPT ...(YAC) ...

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

One of the most talented perverts in the history of entertainment. Not the legacy I'd want.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Your so sick of hearing about MJ, you had to start a thread on MJ... go figure...

12. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

big, that was funny AND soooooo true

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Turn off the TV

Go read a book, or go to a play, or a ball game.

Listen to NPR on the radio (yeah, I know they have a liberal slant, but they're still far better than mainstream media.)

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I for one am going to miss him, think I'll sing him a hymn......

Himmmmm.........Himmmmm....You guys know the rest!!

Curt

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I for one, am going to miss the music. Michael Jackson at one time was a great entertainer. However, the Michael we loved died a long time ago along with our love for platform shoes, gold lame dresses and mirror balls.

What makes me truly sad is that everyone is quick to jump on the bash wagon. The man is dead. His family is mourning. What happened to the days of being respectful of the dead and allowing a family to grieve? All this attention because it sells papers? Also, what happened to being innocent until proven guilty? And once you've been tried and acquitted, being allowed to go back to your life without fear of repercussion? Let the man rest in peace. Someday it could be you under the looking glass.

Luvn

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Too much money and fame too young. It destroyed him. Buying the elephant man bones for their alledged medicinal value. Going through countless plastic surgeries until his face looked alien. Sleeping with children at his child fantasy land. Coloring his skin white. Taking all kinds of pills to survive. Holding his child over the balcony to get a rise out of the crowd. His shame marriages. Poor sick pervert. He did have a couple of good songs. No reason to worship him. I sometimes think to get money and fame you have to make a deal with the devil and trade away happiness and a normal life. One look at the rich and famous and their relationships and their children makes me happy to be living a normal life.

17. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing about Michael Jackson? I know that I am!!"</blockquote>

You don't feel any different than others feel when hearing about football, hockey, golf or NASCAR!

Lister

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

N A S C A R

Non Atheletic Sports Career As Redneck.........

There Carol, enjoy.....

19. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

OMG, I can't believe somebody compared this MJ bs with football. Must be a foreigner. LOL

20. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

With all the coverage, everytime I checked, he was still dead. If THAT changes, then I'd be interested in hearing it. Otherwise, it's too much coverage of one thing. A lot has happened in the time that everyone was watching the MJ News Channels. How about the house passing a cap and trade bill? It almost seems like the dems klilled MJ as a distraction to put this crap through when nobody was looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.