1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - selling a time share

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by a budine, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a budine

a budine Member

I know this is not trapshooting but - there is a wealth of information among you folks. I want to sell a time-share I have in Las Vegas - had it about three years. It's paid for, but my traveling days are getting numbered. The companies contacting me to sell it are all asking for between $800 and $1100 to list it and sell it. Is there any other way to do this? I've never heard of the seller putting money up front in a real estate transaction. Thanks.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Do not front any money, the company you bought it from or through should offer a service for you to sell it and they get paid after its been sold, that is if they are still in business ... There are time shares for sale all over LasVegas and the market is not very favorable right now ... I was offered a deal from a neighbor on his and I said I prefered to stay in a nice Hotel instead of own a time share ... The business being down over 45% don't help anything any place but really hits towns like Vegas that depend on visitors ... The Strip is a Mounument to Losers, they can't built them places unless someone is losing a bunch ... I go there a few times a year to visit my money, and love it ... Got a deal from the Venetian for $69 per night, must of been some promotion ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Time sharing today has reputable companies that sell time shares

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

sptnclays,

I agree with what you said but they also have some Companies that are not so reputable doing the same thing, many of those companies have folded but probably been replaced by some others that are not much better or maybe even worst ... I went to a time share info sale one time and they promote buying it on time payments, why is that when I asked for a cash selling price they don't want to talk to you ... They must make a killing on the interest, ya think ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My mom had a time share. She had a difficult time booking it. For all the money that was wasted on it, and as little as it was used, she could have stayed at 5-star hotels. Same thing for my mother-in-law, but it was a chain of camping cabins. Always booked. Or overbooked.

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Try TUG Timeshare Users Group

http://www.tug2.net/

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Don't pay anyone up front to sell your condo...... No ONe. My own mother just got taken for several hundred dollars by one of these scam artists and the states attorney generals office wants to pursue it by tappiing her phone and it's gonna be a big hassel and I would just about bet no money will ever be paid back. Give noone money up front and if they keep bugging you to send them money call the states attorney generals office to have them checked out before you do business with them. Trust no one who is a couple thousand miles away from you with your money. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.