1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**OT** Sellier & Beloit Ammo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by InsureGuy, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

Good Evening,

I posted a thread about ammunition and I received a few links to places where ammo could be purchased. One of the brands that comes up consistantly as a "low price option" is the brand Sellier & Beloit. I would like to get feedback from this forum on what you think about this ammo. Is it clean ? consistant, and a good value ? I am willing to pay a $1.00 more for the name brand stuff, but why would I if this sellier stuff is decent ?

Your thoughts ??

Jason

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

S&B is very good ammo.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I've burned alot of S&B pistol ammo and never had any issues with it. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Have not seen any shothsells in this market yet but would expect to soon. It is imported by MagTech.

Bob

4. FIB

FIB Member

Very good ammo. I haven't used much of their shotgun ammo. but I've shot plenty of their handgun/rifle ammo. They have been around a long time and are well known in Europe. I especially like their 9x19mm ammo. for my German handguns. I believe they load all their ammo. pretty hot compared to American std's. Regards, Randy Price

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

GTG in 9mm and 5.56. 3,000+ rounds without a problem.

6. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

S&B is about the lowest grade ammo I will put through my firearms, but it is quality and should cause you few issues.

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have sold S&B shotshells for years and have sold the pistol ammo for the last few years and know of no problems. I use the heavy loads for second half dove season and works real well. Jackie B.

8. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

We sold a lot of S&B until their price went up much higher the last few years. We are now doing a lot of PMC and Federal American Eagle when you can get it for a good price.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Someone mentioned PMC- I shot some of their shotgun ammo- looked like target specs. It rattles your teeth

Havent tried S & B - so wondered about it

TS. Com is a good source for information isnt it?

Regards

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have shot about 500 .223 S&B rounds. They are reloadable brass cased and fairly accurate from my AR. Not one hicup yet(knock on wood). Also appeared to burn alot cleaner than the cheap foreign surplus.

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Never had a problem with their pistol ammo. Tried some buckshot loads and they performed as expected. They seem to load a lot of their ammo to European specs, regarding velocity. Never used any of their shotshell target loads.

12. front242

front242 Member

I've shot about 3500 rounds of S&B 45 acp and about 1000 of their .38 special with no issues. I've shot about 300 of the .223 with decent results. Seems to be fairly accurate and is reloadable. As some have said, it seems to be cleaner burning than some similarly priced ammo. I would use it again.

Tim O.
    F²4²

13. jayco32

jayco32 TS Member

I have shot a lot of S&B 45 ACP ammo and it shot great. No feed problems in any of my 1911's. The cases are good to reload also. The original primers fit really tight and I broke one depriming pin. After the first reload, however, they were fine. The PMC mentioned above was a different story. The crimp on new ammo is not tight enough and the bullet will be driven to the rear when it hits against the ramp of a 1911, causing feed and ejection problems. The brass loads good however. I have noticed as mentioned above, the price of S&B has increased a lot in our area recently. Jerry

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

S&B shoots fine. It does not group like Federal Gold Meadl Match grade ammo, but is more accurate than most people can shoot a pistol.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As a commercial loader, I generally cull the brass, other than 38 SPL. As far as the shotshell, the basewad has a pronounced step that discourages loading most recipes.

If not loading empties, it will work well. There have been issues in the past, but most, if not all ammo makers have had bad runs of ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.