1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT:Schwan's Frozen Foods?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by oldgahchamp, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

They are a little pricey but their stuff is excellent and they deliver to your door. I especially like their ice cream. Larry Evans

2. ctreay

ctreay Member

Ice cream is excellent! Haven't really found anything they have that is not good quality. I used to like thier mini pizzas.

ctreay

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Good stuff. Lots of variety. Prices higher than at your local store but they deliver. Shrimp skewers on the barbie, ice cream, chicken parts, all good.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

There was a pretty long thread about Schwanns about a month ago. Search Schwanns and you will get a lot of good suggestions. Bulge.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If they still list an item called a "Barquito", pass. Otherwise their items are okay.

6. psfive

psfive Member

If you like fish sticks, there are NONE better. Paul

7. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

The BEST ice cream sandwiches I ever had.

8. Damifino

Damifino Member

We always had a tub of Schwann's van-choc-straw (as we called it) icecream in the freezer when I was a kid.

Wonder if they deliver here....

9. razor

razor TS Member

-oh man, you got to try the raspberry rumble ice cream, razor

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

Couple of problems with Schwan's:

If you buy anything, they will be pounding on your door forever. Even if you tell them to stop, they will be back. Endless succession of drivers, they don't seem to stay on the job long.

At least around here, they put little sticky dots "somewhere". This is a signal to drivers that "buyer lives here". We've found them on mailbox, lamp post, etc. I don't know what the different colors signify.

But the food is good, but a little pricey. And the drivers are clueless about the origin of anything.

Bruce

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Now that is pretty funny.. We haven't bought from Schwans for some months. Just yesterday I was mowing. I came around the front and there was a "sorry we missed you note" stuck to my front door with a green dot.

I wonder what the green dot means? LOL.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a Schwans driver stops at my house so often I used to set my clocks by him ... I told him several times that I am not interested in buying anything from them but he keeps coming back for NO more ... I put up a "No Solicitors" sign and he said he didn't think it was meant for him also, I told him it was for him "especially" ... The portion control thing is something I do not like and they don't have anything that would be the right portion for me ... He did try to sell me an "extra" box of steak he had on his truck one day and I offered him $10 for them so he would't have to explain them when he got in, he didn't take the $10 either ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

We liked their stuff, but as already mentioned, the drivers don't seem to last long. Since the wife and I are seldom home weekdays during working hours, it got to the point that all we got were the sorry we missed you notes. Called up the office and said if your driver will just come after 4 p.m or on a Saturday, he'll get some business alright. No reply and they eventually stopped coming. [shrugs]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.