1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Scholarship Opportunity in Satcomm

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2006
    This came across my desk this morning from an organization to which I belong. I would love to see this money go to one of my friends or to their kids. So here it is:

SSPI Scholarship Program

If you are currently pursuing studies in the satellite communications industry or are a high school senior planning to do so, we encourage you to participate in the 2007 SSPI Scholarship program. SSPI Scholarships range from $2500 to $5000, and are available to students with an active, demonstrated interest in the global satellite communications industry. Details for participation are below.

Applications are due by May 30, 2007, and must be sent by mail. Applications for students without demonstrated interest in the satellite communications industry will be rejected. Further, you must be an SSPI member to apply for an SSPI scholarship. Student membership is free. To learn more about membership in the society visit http://www.sspi.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=2.

Applications will include:

1. Cover: include your name, address, school or university, telephone number, email address, and list of included materials. If you would like to be considered for scholarships that recognize women or minorities, please indicate your status as well.

2. An official transcript. If financial need is to be considered, enclose your most recent FAFSA/SAR.

3. A Personal Statement of 500 to 750 words (typed and double-spaced) detailing your interest in satellite communications, why you believe you qualify for an SSPI scholarship and what you plan to do with the scholarship funds. The personal statement must include your name, address, telephone number and email address. Statements received without proper identification will be rejected.

4. A sample work that demonstrates your interests, talents or research areas. Examples of submissions include a research report, essay, article, video tape, artwork, computer program or scale model of an antenna or spacecraft design. If submitting a report longer than 10 pages or any form of media, please include a summary of the work.

5. Letters of recommendation from two academic or professional persons familiar with your work.

We require that students submit two complete sets of all application materials. Applications should be sent to the following address:

Society of Satellite Professionals International

Scholarship Submission

55 Broad Street, 14th Floor

New York, NY 10004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.