1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Salty Burger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jester-the-molester, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Tax dollars at work:

UNION CITY, Ga. - A McDonald's employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer's burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.

Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.

Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who "tried to thump the salt off."

On her break, she ate a burger made with the salty meat. "It didn't make me sick," Bull told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

But then Police Officer Wendell Adams got a burger made with the oversalted meat, and he returned a short time later and told the manager it made him sick.

Bull admitted spilling salt on the meat, and Adams took her outside and questioned her, she said.

"If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?" said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

Police said samples of the burger were sent to the state crime lab for tests.

City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

Copyright © 2007, The Associated Press

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

And I bet that the officer paid for the hamburger!

This would be one time when I'd sue the town so fast it would make their head spin!

ec90t

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ya got your bullet Barney??? "My burger was too salty Andy! ! !" "You got to nip this sort of thing in the bud...." Next thing you know the soda will be to sweet and then what?? Nothing but heartache I tell ya. What a needle dick cop. Jeff

4. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

What a pansy-ass thing to do. Cops are beginning to grate on my nerves some. He likely is a 400 pounder (like most) from eating quarter pounders sitting on his fat ass in the car for his shift. He will probably sue. I am with Jeff.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

He should carry a brown bag. And arrest who put it up. Jerk.
    HM

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

He's just in the "sue" mode trying to retire early like many stupid things we read about. I wonder what would have happened if he had put it on his lap first?

7. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

I understand that the person is a law enforcement officer but don't you think after the first bite his brain might have sent him a signal that something wasn't right? What about the supervisor? He was told about it and let it be served anyway. I would imagine that he committed the crime of serving it "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it." And, how much is sending it to the states crime lab costing the tax payers? I think this is really stupid especially when the employee admitted what was done, there were corroborating statements by the supervisor and the co-worker. No need to call in CSI for this one, pretty cut and dried to me.

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The funny part about this whole thing as that salty burger is the least of the things he has eaten without even knowing it. I am sure he has eaten his share of secret sauce. It's the old line.. Cops get the finger and firemen get the wave.Jeff

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    He didn't notice how salty it was until he oinked it all down? Maybe he's just too used to salt. Maybe Officers Glazed and Jellyfilled are secretly swapping salty "snacks" in their squad car on Lovers Lane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.