1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: S&W 422

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chuckles, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckles

chuckles Member

Does anyone here shoot a SW 422 and or can you tell me anything about the performance of the gun, good, bad or indifferent...

Will it handle all brands of 22's...???

Is it reliable...???

Are they easy takedown..???

Thanks

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a stainless version

The 422 is all aluminum I think

Regardless, the design is the same.

I have always liked mine- it is reliable- accurate and you dont mind just throwing it in a kit bag or backpack

It has shot everything I have put in it

They are pretty hard to get apart - but so what?

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've had one for quite a few years. Aluminum frame, fixed sights. Ser # TBM8276. It shoots anything if it's relatively clean. It's very light and tough to clean. I have never really checked it for accuracy.

I have it hidden in the house as an emergency back up gun.

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

I picked one up a few months ago along with four 12 shot magazines. Haven't shot it yet but what's not to like about it? Looks nice, feels great and it can be shot all day for less than a round of trap! There is a trick to taking it down but no big deal.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The only trick to taking it apart is they come with a plastic part that looks like a chamber flag, without it it's a little harder. Those guns are great, they are very accurate and with the bore sitting so low they have no muzzle rise and recoil, you have to shoot one to believe it. With my xxl hands sometimes my had would cover the ejection port but other than that just great shooting.

6. Jeff BT-99

Jeff BT-99 Member

If you use the tool that comes with the gun or a spent .22 lr case with felt on one end it's pretty easy to take down. Very fun guns to shoot. I have 2 422's and a 2206 which is built on the same frame but metal and target sights. Accurate enough for what they are. Some of the bulk ammo will stove pipe when the gun gets dirty.

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Thanks for all the info, appreciated.

8. 700X-user

700X-user Member

The 422 is definely fun to shoot. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but if anyone has an extra mag. for a 422 I would be interested in buying it.

Ed

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have the 622 which is the stainless/alloy version of the 422. I have shot mine over 1000 rounds now without cleaning it and it has yet to stovepipe. More accurate then it should be for the money. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.