1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Ruger GP100 .357

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pb, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pb

pb TS Member

Thinking of buying a Ruger GP100 .357 for fun. ANy thoughts on this as a target gun? Other ideas? Anyone shoot .38 special rounds in theirs?

Thanks!

Jon

2. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

They are a very nice revolver. I just sold one for 385 bucks last week to a fella on here. 4" stainless. I really liked the one i had, I just never shot it. Lee

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Good gun. I've shot a lot of spls. in mine with no problems. I got a set of Wolff target springs, and it tamed down the trigger a fair amount. It still isn't as nice of an action as some Smiths and Colts, but a very durable gun and good shooter. I think I have about an 8lb. Wolff mainspring in mine, and the double action is "acceptable." (The spring is very easy to change).

These guns are built like tanks. If you want a "house gun" or plinker, I don't know why you'd buy anything else. The price is right, because they never attained the "snob" appeal of some Smiths and Colts. That keeps a lot of these great guns available for good prices.

4. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I have one in perfect condition for sale right now for $380 + shipping.
    Blued, 6"bbl, AS. holster, speed loader, 500 rnds ammo.
    These are one of the best pistols made, very accurate with the adj. sites, easy shooting with reloads.
    PM me if you are interested and I will send pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.